This tv and metv leaving ses2 6/17/12...maybe not...GONE 6/30/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.
did a little dish tuning and scanned in me and this tv,coming in like gangbusters on 101W...sure hope it stays good and strong,because as of now i will watch me and this on this bird....6 footer with s9 openbox

Just got around to re-scanning 101 here and yes this and meTV come in very very good.

Did they just kill it on 87w?

I was watching it on the local ota and it just went into frozen lego vision.
The ota signal is strong but it's strong frozen gibberish.

I'm in bed and I don't feel like getting up to go to the other room to play push the buttons for 10 minutes.
I'm thinking they local station hasn't switched to te new satellite yet but the channels just did and no one is there to take care of it. I guess this means I've got to get out in the yard again and fight with this mess. What chaps my hide is that I had a nice clear LOS on 87w but do not with 101w. :mad:

Oh never mind, I see now they are still on 87. The local OTA feed of MeTV is extremely weak and flaky. It's far to weak to be considered even partially reliable.
Not to mention they taint it with local commercials which are low rent hillbilly grade at best, they look like they were made by high school drop outs using a 1984 VHS camcorder, crayolas & poster board and feature no talent rednecks as the "talent".
And they always drop the local MeTV 'slate' (is that the term?) in 5 seconds too early so rather than covering the national slate, they cut off 5 seconds of program EVERY TIME going into commercial breaks.
How very amateurish and annoying. And then there's the fact that they compress the signal and lower the bit rate so the picture looks like cr*p compared to the C Band feed. I will never be satisfied with the local MeTV.
ThisTV OTA is 75 miles away in Lake Charles and I just can not get it.

I sure wish they could have left the channels on 87w.

With a high-gain rooftop antenna, or maybe one on a modest tower, you should be able to catch KPLC from Lake Charles with sufficient noise margin for it to be fairly reliable.

A view of what you can receive might look like this: Radar Plot

Theoretically..

My dad has a very large and new antenna up about 26 feet on a rotor and even he has trouble getting it. He says it's pretty unreliable.
I can't get it at all with my antenna up at 21 feet and using a pre-amp.

My big dish is the only way.. I'm just going to have to put on my big girl skirt and get out there and tweak the darn thing to 101... :(

this and me tv is very,very reliable

i can't beat the reception of me and this on 101W with a 6 footer...i am close enought that i am getting me and this right along with most of the strong transponders on 99W...what a big plus for me?:D

ThisTV OTA is 75 miles away in Lake Charles and I just can not get it.

a better antenna aimed directly will help
KPLC coverage

it shows Beaumont as a medium outdoor antenna required

only reason I say that is I can get a station 72 miles away on 12 even though the "maps" show I'm out of the blue line (In the top right I'm near the "N" in Burnsville)
KEYC coverage

and KPLC is at more power and higher (62000 watts at 1480 feet) than the one I can get (52000 watts at 1040 feet)

As of 08:53 CST on the 17th, I'm still getting Me and This on 87w like always.. Sure am dreading this switch over........ :(

from post 92

87 West will continue to transmit both signals until June 19th.

Whew!!!!!!!!

Because this is like 85% of the time when I try to watch it OTA... :mad:

I have a clear shot at 87w but I do not with 101w. Trees overhang my 10' dish and it's just not going to work.
My dad came over today and I showed him the problem and he said he would try to bump up the schedule on the tree people coming out to take these stupid things down.

By them extending the cut off date that buys me a little time. I sure hope so anyway.
I've given up on the OTA, KBMT 12 (parent channel of local MeTV 12.4) is a total jackleg operation and has no interest in providing a quality signal.
The transmitter towers for 12.3 and 12.4 are due west. ALL the other OTA channels in the entire area are due north. If you point your antenna north to get everything else, you can't get 12.3 or 12.4
If you aim your antenna west to get 12.3 & 12.4, you can't get any other channels. What a bunch of idiots. They need to move those sub channels to the north towers.
I officially hate their guts for being morons. I'm not genius but I know that you can't have friggin towers all over the map and expect people to still be able to get ALL the channels.

Here is the issue with that station. KUIL has TWO transmitters in your area on two different station numbers (both mapped to 12-3 & 12-4).

There is channel 43 in Beaumont proper that remaps to 12-3 & 12-4
RabbitEars.Info

and there is a 36 that is East of Beaumont near Orange
RabbitEars.Info

so make sure you know what station you are picking up. You may have to scan both in which can be confusing as it will show 12-3 & 12-4 twice (for each remap). Both towers are only 500 feet off the ground so that doesnt help either.

If you want a good read over at AVS Forum there is a thread on the issue with that and the guide info. Might want to read that.

You've posted a thread in the OTA area about having issues picking up stations. Did you try and repoint the antenna or try it higher? Channel 43 is only at 8000 watts whereas 36 is at 15000 watts. I guess you'd rather complain than try and fix the issue.

Dee you need to get a rotor for that Antenna.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)