This tv and metv leaving ses2 6/17/12...maybe not...GONE 6/30/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys read on another forum this and me tv are leaving ses2 on may 17. They will only be at 101 ses1 from now on. A letter was sent out to affiliates to notify them to reaim their dish.

I wonder why they are leaving ses2. Must be why they have had it in so many locations lately. Seeing where they wanted to end up. Ewtn is leaving as well hmmm. Seems everyone is leaving the new sat

Oh makes since then. A shame that all that's left on 87 is rtv and the luken networks

I hate this too, I get them the best on SES-2. Did some searching around and yep, looks like they go dark on SES-2 on 5.17:(

This TV
3984 V 2734 FEC 5/6

Me TV
4014 V 5924 FEC 5/6

Just looked and it is DVB-S/QPSK......I thought it was just wanted to double check. They should scan in. They did on mine....I got to go to bed..;)

bummer they are moving. Maybe 87W getting the new satellite might not have been the best thing ;)
(since channels have moved)

Hopefully these are easy to grab on the 6 footer too. Will have to try (soon)

New Sat, higher cost????
Thanks key4est for the info. Gee, I did not even have 101 C in the S9. Must have not found anything there to look at in the past.
Comes in good 70-72 Q.

RT.

First NASA, now MeTV and ThisTV... 87W is becoming barren. The way things are going, I'm going to have to get to work on a motorized C-Band dish.

103w seems to still have them.
i wasnt sure if the channels would be leaving there too.
I do get them a bit better on 103 (8'unimesh) then i do on 87w (perfect 10 7.5') cause of the multi lnb setup i am using with 87w.
But there ya go tron, i have gotten from 87 to 103 on the same dish at aprox 4 degree increments and 5 lnbz total.
that was using a 7.5' perfect 10 and 87w was the furthest out on a side lnb.
ya may yet be able to barricade the fort and not give in to the motor yet...
we have options in that those eagle aspen stacked lnbz can be slammed together by flipping one over.
i will be doing somthing like that just to add 101 to my array.- someday...

87 was one of my favorite birds, sorry to see so many channels leaving it.

Probably not. Think they were there for testing only, thinking, that's the reason they are 'hidden' and on an existing TP with other services. BUT I COULD BE WRONG[?].

I have found out that other people are having the same problem of sorts that I am having getting THIS and ME on SES1 at 101. Some are getting both with no problem, some are getting ME and not THIS and some are getting THIS and not ME. Myself, I am getting a decent signal, nothing great for ME, but can't raise anything at all for THIS. It has been said that interference from G16 at 99 and AMC1 at 103 is causing this these problems. Since I am not a "satellite expert" I can't say yes or no concerning that statement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts