This tv and metv leaving ses2 6/17/12...maybe not...GONE 6/30/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am disappointed as I watch ME regularly on 87 and can get about a 70Q for both ME and THIS on my 6' dish in VA. Have not been successful in receiving either on 101. I would be curious if anyone else with a 6' dish can receive these transponders on a 6' dish.

Joe

I have found out that other people are having the same problem of sorts that I am having getting THIS and ME on SES1 at 101. Some are getting both with no problem, some are getting ME and not THIS and some are getting THIS and not ME. Myself, I am getting a decent signal, nothing great for ME, but can't raise anything at all for THIS. It has been said that interference from G16 at 99 and AMC1 at 103 is causing this these problems. Since I am not a "satellite expert" I can't say yes or no concerning that statement.

On the birdview with Openbox S10, your point is well taken. NO sign of ME, attempted to put in the transponder, but probably did not do it correctly. I landed somewhere that contained THIS TV (NE affiliate-not networkd) yesterday evening, along with E-scapes and KCWY 13 plus a MY Family TV feed. Any ideas where I landed looking for Me's "final resting place?" None of these are on "the list" I must be REALLY lost here.

Hey guys read on another forum this and me tv are leaving ses2 on may 17. They will only be at 101 ses1 from now on. A letter was sent out to affiliates to notify them to reaim their dish.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me & This have been great for me on 87 since I got my 10' dish put up!
I was also able to get RTV stuff on there as well. I never had to move that dish, I just leave it parked on 87 and get plenty of good stuff.

Man.. This s*x............... :mad:

Oh well. What can ya do? I guess I'll aim my 4m dish at 101 and leave the 10' dish on 87.

Last edited:
ok, i am really confused now. i peak metv on 101w and scan. metv peaks about 40 on my solomend/s9 with 6' dish. gwb is peaking at 71. put in tp for thistv. no signal. i had to move the dish to 99w to peak thistv. i don't think this tv is on 101w. and i can't get metv to get a good picture. it has lots of static and is really unviewable as is. probably because of the 6' dish? charlie

I have them both at 101 with 72 quality on my new 10 foot Sami. Bad news I've heard more channels are leaving ses2. @sports has left as well.

comes in good on my 10' sami mesh in wv with a pansat 9200 on 101w

Attachments

• image-535658794.jpg
    image-535658794.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image-2860660999.jpg
    image-2860660999.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 154
paraclypse, i don't think you understood me. do you mean when my dish is pointed to 101w, i can't get thistv which apparently is on 99w? i can scan in thistv when i am pointed to 99w but i can't get metv there. when i move my dish to 101w i can tune in metv but i can't get thistv. from other posts folks think they are on the same bird but i certainly can't get both of the on the same satellite. i have the dmx741 lnb and a sadoun 6' dish. charlie

i have been trying to get this and me tv on 101w all morning.I can scan in me tv 1 and 2 but all i get is pixelation,but can not scan in this tv.I have a 6 footer with openbox s9.When on 87w everything is fine even scans in the 4800 transponder.May17 is going to be a sad day for the 6 footers...oh well thats fta

Well this s*x.... :mad:

All I can get on 101 are a few religious channels.. :mad:

Me and This are totally MIA.

And I'm using my 10' dish that picks it up on 87 like nobody's business!

All I am getting now is thisTV and it is weak....I don't get anything on meTV no matter what I do. I hope they crank up the power once the move is finalized.

All I am getting now is thisTV and it is weak....I don't get anything on meTV no matter what I do. I hope they crank up the power once the move is finalized.

FAT chance...

We all know how the game goes.. A large number of us can just kiss it goodbye now..

This really p:censored:es me off...

I can BARELY get MeTV via local OTA but the quality is terrible (high compression + low data rate) and at night they cut the transmitter power waaaaaay down and I lose it completely around 10pm which is the time frame I always watch it, 10pm until day break. I can not get ThisTV at all via OTA because it's in Lake Charles, LA. which is a different state and it's low power there.

I had h*ll getting them on 87 and I just couldn't do it until I got a 10 foot dish AND cut some limbs down.
Now, here we go again. All I get on 101 are some stupid religious channels, Me and This don't show up at all, zero, nada, zip...
And then there's the bloody blinkin trees again!

I swear, I'm going to go pour gas on those trees and burn them to the ground!

Trees belong in the forest, not in my d*mn yard blocking satellites!! :mad:

I bet it is because your are getting adjacent satellite interference on the 6 foorer. A 6 foot dish can see 3 degrees of sky. Since satellites are 2 degrees apart, the neighboring satellites are giving you noise.

A 10' dish will have a beamwidth of 1.7 degrees or so at c band frequencies.

Update. (solid) Birdview with Openbox: Me (1 & 2): 89 signal, 70 quality. Still fighting to find THIS. (as long as affiliate stations are available, not going to fight too long.) Thanks for the help on ID of adjacent. Corrected!

from the title ;)

This tv and metv leaving ses2 5/17/2012
You smart Allecks...I meant the spacecraft ses2. Once emptied out they can move it anywhere on the Clarkes. To a more lucrative hemisphere I imagine.

orrrrrrrrr

24 active C-band and 24 Ku-band transponders + Commercially Hosted Infrared Payload (CHIRP). There is also Ka-band payload present on the satellite although not licensed (by FCC) to be used at 87W position.
Directv want to move it somewhere

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)