This was in the paper today.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Opened up the Hartford Courant today and saw the following half page ad.

Attachments

• image-2133564484.png
    image-2133564484.png
    214 KB · Views: 1,055
  • image-758383013.png
    image-758383013.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,549
Ya, I can watch some games or parts of games at work where we have Charter ,or go out to a bar/restaurant, but unless it's nationally televised I don't get all the games. Interesting though that still at this time they are campaigning to get onto Dish. I was wrong about SNY, I thought they would come to terms long before MSG or YES, and maybe this type of ad does mean they do need to be on Dish. But if they think this will put any real pressure on Dish, for better or worse, I don't think it will.

Looking at their last quarter results, as long as revenue is up it doesn't seem to matter how many subscribers they lose. As long as the bottom line is good.

And I will bet they are losing subs mainly due to the lack of offerings such as MSG and SNY in New York State and the Northeast.

In my local paper, too.

Just amazing Charlie hasn't come to grips with this yet. I'll never be a Dish customer again, even in Charter territory (and a HORRID Charter franchise, at that!) until this is fixed.

as long as Charlie can see his Vols and any Colorado sports he's happy.....

ironically I'm shocked Dish doesnt carry The Mtn..after all there are Colorado and Wyoming teams in the Mtn ;) (maybe he watches it on Directv)

I am taken aback at the thread here. It has been well established that Dish does not place sports programming in the list of priorities.
It's also fairly obvious that Dish cares not for the number one media market in the US.
I look at this and think some people are insisting on fighting city hall.
Bottom line.....Satellite custys in the NY market who are sports fans should simply go to Directv.

Being the non-sports fan that I am, no big deal. They should move all of the sports networks to their own tier. That way I don't have to pay for any of them.

See? There's more than one side to the story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)