This weekends satellite project

Status
Please reply by conversation.
rayydio said:
If you want it to work as it was designed, then you will need to get the CM polar mount which should bolt right up to your 1.2 and use an 18" actuator. USALS motors will not work on a dish of this size and weight. Even the STAB 120 will not turn it correctly.

Stab 120 is the worst Diseqc motor i EVER tested, their Ferrari quality they are refering to previous Cabsat fair in Dubai is just a joke.

Ok they have put good materials in it, but the precision is so bad i can't even understand they are allowed to sell this thing on the market and at the same time say they produce the best motor on the market.

Likvid said:
Stab 120 is the worst Diseqc motor i EVER tested, their Ferrari quality they are refering to previous Cabsat fair in Dubai is just a joke.

Ok they have put good materials in it, but the precision is so bad i can't even understand they are allowed to sell this thing on the market and at the same time say they produce the best motor on the market.

No offense, but you already have the anti Stab thread. I don't see why you are stating it as a fact. I have had THE BEST experience with my HH120 (and I have had sg2100 and smd312). So I guess as with everything else, your mileage might vary.

vj9999 said:
I don't see why you are stating it as a fact.

It is a fact and i am not alone having that opinion.

Why do you want to hold back the truth?

This forum is for helping other people not getting into the same problems as others might have done.

The only fact is that you and few other people have had bad experience with it. That does not make it a fact that hh120 is a crappy motor.

I have had bad experience with sg2100 locking up and having to reset it, but I will not go around stating that it is a fact that it is a crappy motor. In fact I think it is a decent motor for its value and I was able to overcome the problems I had.

I don't want to hold back the truth because in my case the truth is that HH120 is a good motor (and that in it self makes your fact an opinion just as much as my opinion is an opinion).. My head is spinning now :)

After reversing the plywood mount this weekend in order to put most of the weight on top, I am now able to sucessfully move the 1.2m dish over the entire arc using the SG2100 motor drive. The quality of the video has increased greatly.

Thank you all for the support and suggestions.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)