Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
noticed recently that the "ThisTV" feed is no longer the "national" feed. They are using a feed from KTLA-DT2 Los Angeles. Seen commercials for KTLA programs on there

just some food for thought......

Thanks for the info, haven't watched it enough to figure that out. Too many commercials on either one of them for me.

Too bad it wasn't KTLA itself. Used to have a subscription to KTLA for many years on the Videocipher. All Superstations should be ITC. :)

sadly most superstations are just CW or My affiliates. I liked when they were truly independent. WSBK still is an independent now (and they have the 3 stooges on Sunday mornings) :)

they are using very little bandwidth for it...qwert noted it in that thread
The video bitrate is only 770 Kbps :eek: vs. the others around 1.57 - 2.48 MBps.

sadly most superstations are just CW or My affiliates. I liked when they were truly independent. WSBK still is an independent now (and they have the 3 stooges on Sunday mornings) :)

Sadly "The Three Stooges" are no longer being shown on WSBK since football started. They switched to Saturday around 2PM then after two weeks went off completely.

I agree 100% that independent channels were much better years ago, but now are mostly CW or MY affiliates.

So I am out of luck until I can get a hd box. Hurts the eyes to watch ABC at times. Wonder why the picture is so pixels at times?

If you can get the Anik F3 bird..KDEV...ABC affil. C-band..is a strong signal and great picture..Watch all my ABC programming off this sat.

I used to have all the superstations on the bud. WOR, KTVT, WPIX, WGN, WSBK, KTLA and TBS. Back in those days they were all independents.

The slate screen says "WVXF THIS Caribbean". I wonder way they went with the LA affiliate feed instead of the national anyhow.

I dont know...maybe because they can receive it OTA (since the company is based in California that owns those stations)?

Sadly "The Three Stooges" are no longer being shown on WSBK since football started. They switched to Saturday around 2PM then after two weeks went off completely.

I agree 100% that independent channels were much better years ago, but now are mostly CW or MY affiliates.

There is Stooges Marathon New Year's Eve from 8 PM to 1 AM. personally i would never dream of ringing ina new year without Curly.

UPDATE: AMC has a longer Marathon from 7 Am on the 31st to 6 AM on New year's day but they traditionally interrupt the shorts with commercials.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts