Thor: 3D looks very good!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Got our copy yesterday and the movie is excellent, especially for sciFi fans. Looks like this will be a series too as they include the previews for the sequel. Wife and I were inspired enough by this 3D movie, once it was over we decided to watch The Hubble in 3D, and then The Universe in 3D. Unusual for us to sit through nearly 5 hours of 3D with glasses. Guess the newer Sony lighter weight glasses made a difference in our eye fatigue.

Thor also was a 7.1 sound stage and had excellent quality. This may rate my most favorite 3D movie of the year.

Went to Blockbuster at noon yesterday and they were rented out of all copies in a hour of store opening. I asked the manager if that was a record and he said yes but Thor had a coupon for a free day yesterday so most of them went out for free. They have to return the movie in 24 hours or it costs standard rental rates.

Got our copy yesterday and the movie is excellent, especially for sciFi fans. Looks like this will be a series too as they include the previews for the sequel. Wife and I were inspired enough by this 3D movie, once it was over we decided to watch The Hubble in 3D, and then The Universe in 3D. Unusual for us to sit through nearly 5 hours of 3D with glasses. Guess the newer Sony lighter weight glasses made a difference in our eye fatigue.

Thor also was a 7.1 sound stage and had excellent quality. This may rate my most favorite 3D movie of the year.

Went to Blockbuster at noon yesterday and they were rented out of all copies in a hour of store opening. I asked the manager if that was a record and he said yes but Thor had a coupon for a free day yesterday so most of them went out for free. They have to return the movie in 24 hours or it costs standard rental rates.

Don,
Over at AVS there's a thread about the Thor DVD/Blu-ray/3D Blu-ray, and everyone there seems to agree that the quality of this release is top notch. I've ordered mine last week from Amazon.com, but mine is just the 2D Blu-ray. I'm not on board with 3D in the home yet cause of my own reasons, but I find it very encouraging that such care was made in the home release of Thor. If this kind of care would just become the trend in all 2D & especially 3D blu-rays, sales might just start increasing again in this medium.

Enjoy your Thor movie! As you might have guess, I'm a little partial to it!! Thor.gif

Ghpr13Thor.gif

As I said over at AVS, the 3D, being upconverted from 2D live shots is not as good as 100% real 3D but the overall movie was very engaging and fun to watch. The CGI was real 3D and much of the movie was CGI.

Also FYI on the screen brightness- This movie is overall on the dark side of average, so unless you have a really bright 3D home theater system, it may not look so good. I'm happy I have the Sony. The JVC is a much darker projector and might not do so well with Thor.

thanks for the review don. i'll be getting this in a few days. ordered from overstock.com. i'll be playing on my benq projector. glad it's high lumens.

Looked great. No problem with the dark scene. Only hitch was I had to change out my pair of batteries in the glasses.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts