Those HD Channels in the 70's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
So I guess those HD channels in hte 70's like ESPN etc... are gone now? I saw the ticker about it last week on my old Tivo HR10-250 (I think that is what it is).

I have new HD DVR-s throught the house but have been using the Tivo in the kitchen primarily for ESPN.

So, I call D* last week and say "Hey...are those HD channels in the 70's leaving and now since the old Tivos don't get the MPEG 4 HD channels will that mean that I will lose the ability to watch ESPN in HD on the machine? If so, I would like it to be replaced". The CSR told me over and over, "No sir, you will not lose that channel on that machine, you are all set and will still get them." I did not believe that to be the case but after going over it three times, she actually convinced me that she knew what she was talking about.

So now it is gone...am I missing something here. Would like to hear from you guys that know what is up before I rant to D*, if need be.

Thanks again, as always...SatGuys the best place for information!

I know when they started redirect MPEG4 boxes they were offer free upgrades. Atleast I am fairly sure. My HR22 didnt see them but my buddies HR20 did. He asked me to look at it since he is a technical knucklehead. The Screen said at the time if you could see both channels(HBO in the 70's and 501) no equipment upgrade was needed. If not then you need to contact Directv.

I thought that transition began last April but I could be wrong. Call and remain call about everything and you will get what you want.

Went round and round for about 45 with 2 CSR's and some nob from Tech....finally...they figured that the thing needed to be replaced for only....yup...only $199. I said you have to be kidding me, had the channels the other day, don't have them now and you want me to buy a new receiver...she put me on hold, came back and said they will Fed EX..2 days and your new HD DVR will be there...no charge. Which is exactly what they should have done from the outset. Can't complain...D* has always done right by me but damn I wish I didn't have to deal with the uninformed CSR's. Thanks guys!

Did you call the speciall 888 number on the 70's channels or just the regular 800-directv type number, that could make a difference.

I doubt they will replace receivers if a cust already has MPEG4 dish / equipment. I'd expect those being replaced are simply people with just MPEG2 who lost the last 5 channels they had in HD.

If you do it right the'll take off 49.00. They did it for me!:)

Mpeg 2 is dead ... Customer with Mpeg2 only hardware get free upgrades to mpeg4 as in you dont already have any mpeg4 and your house is still all mpeg2

Well...I obviously have MPEG4 hardware, four other HD DVRs, and a slimline dish. THe Tivo HR10-250 was for use in the kitchen. Anyway, they are giving me the additional HD DVR to replace it. Of course I do have 15 years of D*, as I said they usually take good care of me with upgrades etc... I just assumed that if I was using an MPEG 2 receiver and it no longer would get the HD that it would be a no brainer that they would replace it...it took a bit of talking but, I got it done. I did use the regular number, not the 888, maybe things would have gone smoother but alls well that ends well.

Well...I obviously have MPEG4 hardware, four other HD DVRs, and a slimline dish. THe Tivo HR10-250 was for use in the kitchen. Anyway, they are giving me the additional HD DVR to replace it. Of course I do have 15 years of D*, as I said they usually take good care of me with upgrades etc... I just assumed that if I was using an MPEG 2 receiver and it no longer would get the HD that it would be a no brainer that they would replace it...it took a bit of talking but, I got it done. I did use the regular number, not the 888, maybe things would have gone smoother but alls well that ends well.

No we would not of given you a replacement. not with other mpeg4 hardware.

You got a replacement because you been there 15 years.

I would get into how the computer figures out Loyality but If I went over all the factors most people would be upset.

I for one would like to hear it! Hell, not much else to do untill baseball starts on Monday. Yes I know the Yanks and BoSox are playing Sunday night, I just refuse to count it as opening day.

I for one would like to hear it! Hell, not much else to do untill baseball starts on Monday. Yes I know the Yanks and BoSox are playing Sunday night, I just refuse to count it as opening day.

Sorry cant somethings I cant say as they are internal and are protected by a NDA that all employees who work with accounts must sign.

As I said before every offer is decided at the computer level.

Now I will say this

I know of 3 different ways they could of marked the hddvr free and it all depends on what showed up when they looked.

It's NOT opening day, it's opening Night on "Sunday Night Baseball" :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)