Those New Dish subs who got the $100 waived, please post here and how

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
wase4711 said:
who the hell wants TWO dishes on their house to get stuff that every other provider has been able to offer with only ONE??
I don't want any on my house, I have FOUR in the back yard (and I don't even have a HD receiver yet) and another couple waiting till I have some free time to experiment. But then I'm not a typical customer, I'm a techno-geek SatelliteGuy.

Bookwalk it depends on what state or city you live in.Go to new posts then today's post and then go to free dish for 61.5 and you will find what cities or available for the free dish.It's on page 2 now.

I ended up cancelling my order to Dish because of the extra cost. When I first inquired about this special the original memo had nothing about first time customers only, which I was on before. I had NO choice but to pay that $100 plus I would have to pay half price for the Voom HD/other HD programming and a two year contract. I actually got a better deal through Directv. They are in discussion with Rainbow Media but nothing for sure yet. So I will wait for my Voom HD. My dealer was able to get me a HD receiver for $200 plus the $200 rebate, cost me $0. I'm happy.

I finally found a CSR who agree with me on the 100.00 not need if locals were on the 61.5. He told me to call again and ask for the executive offices after15 minutes of explaining they final credited back the 100.00 :)

Right now the ONLY way to get a free upgrade is to have one or more local channels on the 61.5 satellite. I'm in the New York market and got it for free this way (They have to give you access for free to meet must carry restrictions).

Otherwise you have to pony up UNLESS you can convince a CSR to waive the fee. It will probably depend on how much you spend per month and if you are locked into any long term commitment.

In some cases $99 is still a great deal. If you have several receivers and are in danger of maxing out your switch, this will get you an upgraded switch. A few years ago I had a "free" upgrade of a 510 that I added to my account. As my SW64 was maxed out, the extra receiver made them have to add a second SW64 switch and all of the splitters to feed the two switches. They wound up spending about $750 MSRP in materials and labor for my new receiver addition. I've even got extra ports if I ever decide to add another two tuner DVR or another receiver.... (Hopefully all of the new receivers will still work with my legacy switches)

subscribe to america's everything pack then the next day call them up, tell them you
want the 61.5 sat dish, it will be free install. Then day after the 61.5 install complete
downgrade subscription

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)