Three DVRs wiped clean!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

janedo1586

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
SE Nebraska
I came home from work tonight to discover that all three DVRs (HR22s on whole home) had been wiped clean. All recordings GONE. An entire season of Sons of Anarchy gone. The newest three episodes of Walking Dead gone. Half a dozen movies gone. I called DTV, naturally they had me reset the main receiver, they sent a reauthorization and reset the receiver again. Still no recordings. She escalated the issue to the next level because she'd never heard of this happening but said it could be 24-48 hours before someone calls back. Any ideas what might have caused this and is there any hope of getting my recordings back??? The last thing that was recorded was last night at 8:00 and in the history says "deleted by user (1001)"....even though it was NOT. UGH!

I'm a DTV tech support agent and I've never heard of that happening, those recordings are most likely gone forever. The engineering team she sent your info to will look into the issue but there isn't much hope of getting those back IF they were truly deleted from the hard drive.

If for some reason the software is glitching and not showing you the recordings but the recordings are still there, there could be hope.

Thanks for the response. I really don't hold out much hope of getting the recordings back. Now, however, I don't trust my DVRs not to do this again! I've had receivers go bad and hard drives go bad but never had hard drives completely wiped. Very frustrating!

Definitely frustrating, have you ran a system test on one of the hr22s? See if it comes back with any diagnostic codes 24, 14, or 25 those all indicate an internal storage error. If your receivers have any of those it's an automatic receiver replacement.

It doesn't seem like a hardware failure. Sure, drives can go bad, but three drives in three different devices all at the same time? Nope. Something else happened. If you go into the info for each of the DVRs, was the software updated recently?

Please don't take this wrong, but is it possible that somebody in your house deleted everything. You know, angry child, disgruntled spouse, annoyed roommate, that kind of thing. One DVR failing might happen, but all three at the same time is downright bizarre. I'm no expert, but I would think if it was something DirecTV did, like a problem while loading new software, it would have affected more than just you and these boards would be swamped with complaints.

Has there ben any new info on this ?
I Have had times that i d/l new software and Recording wil be gone, not often mind you, and then they reappear the next day, so hopefully that happened for him.... he hasnt had anything to say of late.

Jimbo said:
Has there ben any new info on this ?
I Have had times that i d/l new software and Recording wil be gone, not often mind you, and then they reappear the next day, so hopefully that happened for him.... he hasnt had anything to say of late.

I've had custys that have had theirs wiped and it reappeared a couple days later. I agree with it being software related as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts