Three new Blu-ray players from Panasonic: BD60, BD80 and BD70V

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Which is fine by me, as long as a couple of them keep better equipment out there for us that want it, to buy.

Look at the history of the DVD. Yeah, Wal-Mart is selling the $29 player that is absolute junk, but you can still buy a $700 Denon with the quality you want (well not anymore, because everybody is piling on to the BD bandwagon, but you get the point)

We need the BD-VHS combo for the blue hair crowd. They will hook it up to channel 3 and be happy.

We need the multi disc changer as well. It was a must for me when the kids were small, so I could put in 5 discs and not have them messing with the tray.

We need the amazon/netflix model as well for the ipod generation, where convenience outweighs quality.

And, we need to reference quality players for the rest of us. The fortunate part is that all those other players we turn our noses up at help to bring the price down on the ones we really want.

Think 8 tracks, buy them what they want 8- 10 years from now this stuff will be 8-tracks

Interesting comment. When we helped them clean out their garage, we quietly disposed of an old 8 track player. Broken. That he was going to fix, "one day." He's a plumber....... :rolleyes:

Yes, even if only 5 years, I suspect it won't be of much interest, to me. Probably sell off or donate the stuff anyway. Where they're at, there is a history of much or all furniture and possessions left behind being donated to a charity fund, to help those that run out of money before they give up the ghost. As my in-laws might one day fall into that category, I can't say it's a bad tradition.

I pointed out some electrical code violations at their home, saying they'd need to be fixed before sale. Turned out their grand daughter's husband had just told them the same thing. Both of us offered to do the repairs. We were told we were exaggerating, nothing needed to be fixed, this wasn't the big city. Then a "stager" hired by their latest round of realtors went in, prepared a long list of things to be fixed or spruced up, including all the noted electrical work. $5K, less than I expected. Suddenly it was a good idea to fix the code violations ..... :rolleyes:

In-laws. They may outlive me at this rate.....

Look at the history of the DVD. Yeah, Wal-Mart is selling the $29 player that is absolute junk, but you can still buy a $700 Denon with the quality you want (well not anymore, because everybody is piling on to the BD bandwagon, but you get the point)

We need the BD-VHS combo for the blue hair crowd. They will hook it up to channel 3 and be happy.

We need the multi disc changer as well. It was a must for me when the kids were small, so I could put in 5 discs and not have them messing with the tray.

We need the amazon/netflix model as well for the ipod generation, where convenience outweighs quality.

And, we need to reference quality players for the rest of us. The fortunate part is that all those other players we turn our noses up at help to bring the price down on the ones we really want.

Very true.

Curious- any idea if this thing actually tries to upconvert VHS doing any more than the minimum? IOW, might it actually make a stab at some video processing to improve PQ out of (shudder) VHS? Or just increase the lines of resolution and little more?

Anybody actually seen such results, or read any review? Isn't there already one such creature on the market or "coming soon?"

That will be my next BD player, if they ever make one. I'd love to free up some space by removing my old 5-disc DVD changes I still have in both my entertainment centers, which are only used for CD playback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)