Thunderbolt - Super fast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I got the new Thunderbolt and the 4G network is blazing fast. 4G is only available for me at work, but that is where I do the majority of my net surfing and stuff anyway. Can't wait to use Sling over the 4G network.

I got the new Thunderbolt and the 4G network is blazing fast. 4G is only available for me at work, but that is where I do the majority of my net surfing and stuff anyway. Can't wait to use Sling over the 4G network.

So, what happened to your contract by upgrading to LTE? You were on the 3G unlimited promo right?

So, what happened to your contract by upgrading to LTE? You were on the 3G unlimited promo right?

No I never got that promo since I am the only one on my account.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I upgraded to the Thunderbolt as well. My average speedtest results are around 12mbs down and 18mbs up. I've read on another website (Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs) that the upload speed may not be correct as the speedtest app may need a tweak to accurately report uploads on 4G.

As far as my contact goes, I renewed for 2 years and my data plan remained exactly the same. Verizon advised that I will be "grandfathered" in since I renewed my contact before any new data plans went into effect.

The battery life absolutely sucks. I may actually return it, it is that bad. I am only getting 4 hours out of the battery.

Your DL looks ok for 4g right about the same as clear but that upload is crazy high try and upload some junk file and see how many kbs you get.

On Tmobile im pulling 18-20mbs down max and my curent 4g location and phone are limited to 22mbs. Some locations in LV have 48mbs but all curent phones maxout at 22mbs im sure once att starts working with tmo my speeds will peak at 3mbs

For your hot spot you can make a usb bat pack i made one this weekend for my clear hotspot. Hackaday Forums - View topic - Quick and Dirty PORTABLE Evo 4G Multi-Charger

The battery life absolutely sucks. I may actually return it, it is that bad. I am only getting 4 hours out of the battery.

Dont suppose is is the novelty of having a new toy, and the draw of using it with the increased speed that is draining it so fast?

Dont suppose is is the novelty of having a new toy, and the draw of using it with the increased speed that is draining it so fast?

I am using it the same as I did my old phone. Streaming Slacker while occasionally checking email and surfing the net. Don't get me wrong the other phone I had was bad too, but with this one it can't keep up with itself and gets negative return while using it and charging it.

I am using my old Droid charger at work, so maybe it just isn't giving enough juice to keep up.

Yes, the speedtest.net doesn't work on the android OS. It works fine for the LTE, just gives a ridiculous number for upload.

I am listed as unlimited , still after switching to Thunderbolt. The sales rep at Verizon didn't lie to me as most of you all speculated. I still have unlimited and just hit 6Gb with no charges since there is nothing on my account that states limited to whatever Gb. Flat rate monthly is $35 on the data plan. My 5Spot, however is limited to 3Gb and my wife just hit 1 Gb. She uses it with her ipad. My billing for 5Spot is $25 per month and $10 per Gb over 3 Gb.

Ramy- When I first got my Tbolt I would keep it on all the time surfing the web etc. The real battery drain seems to be the screen. Now, I typically get 5-6 hours on the T-Bolt and I carry a spare battery so last week when I was out for most of the day, I would pull off of charger at 9AM and then switch batteries at 4PM and be nearly dead around 10PM. That gave me all day with BT, LTE and phone transmitters plus several phone calls and responding to e-mail, and using the NAB floor map app.

I have this battery app that monitors the usage by function and it hits an average of 80% of the battery being drained by the display. The LTE radio is quite small. With no charger connected and screen off but wifi hotspot on the battery drains in about 2 hours.

When I used the TBolt on GPS Co Pilot last week all day I plugged it into charger in the car and it ran cool and at the end of 9 hours the battery was full. Most of the day was in a no signal zone so it just used the GPS satellite. Worked great.

MY suggestion, Ramy- Get a spare battery. I'm thinking of getting one of the super large batteries 2700mAh from Siedio They also make a charger that will charge your phone and the spare battery at the same time.

Ramy,
There has to be a problem with yours then, as both my brother and I can get a full day use no problem...now I dont stream music all day, but it gets about 50-75 emails a day, about half to full hour of talking, and some game play and I have no problem with it, that is switching in between 3g and 4g service when on road and I use wifi where ever I can...I have facebook, weatherbug and twitter all autoupdating every half an hour as well...Its weird but I cant complain about battery life where as every one else that has the phone has....makes me feel like I got something special with mine :D

I think you did get something special. Here at work I am on 4G the whole time. When I was on 3G at my house last night and other places it was fine with no problem.

I have two batteries for my DX, only need the second one when I am traveling, but for $20, its cheap.

I also have a11000mAH external battery from New Trent that I can use to provide juice to my Droid, my Ipad, ipod, etc... For trips this is very useful, and didn't cost much.

MY suggestion, Ramy- Get a spare battery. I'm thinking of getting one of the super large batteries 2700mAh from Siedio They also make a charger that will charge your phone and the spare battery at the same time.

Link? I can't find it on their site.

there it is, the 4g is probably the culprit.. thats probably why the bionic was cancelled, they cant get these phones to play nice with a 4g radio. like I said I switched off and on to 4g, but wifi when I was at the office which was the main part of my day!

I am using it the same as I did my old phone. Streaming Slacker while occasionally checking email and surfing the net. Don't get me wrong the other phone I had was bad too, but with this one it can't keep up with itself and gets negative return while using it and charging it.

My Galaxy isnt much better unless I baby the heck out of it, and Im thinking, whats the point of having a phone that will do all of this if I cant actually do it....lol

It was right under your nose on the front page.

seidioonline.com

Unfortunately, it isn't out yet but the dual charger and 1600 mAh battery is.

I thought that was just a battery charger and not both, but I see it is both now. Might have to get that and an extra battery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)