THX to sell Optimizer calibration disc on Blu-ray

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
THX to sell Optimizer calibration disc on Blu-ray | Crave : The gadget blog

Wonder if this will be better than the DVE version?

THX to sell Optimizer calibration disc on Blu-ray

thx-opti-main.jpg
Coming to Blu-ray: THX Optimizer
(Credit: CNET Asia)

I just spoke with a few of the people from THX involved in the development of the specification for the firm's new Display Certification, featured on the Panasonic TH-PZ800U and LG PG60 series plasma TVs, and when I asked them whether they'd be letting some of their test material and methods trickle down into disc form, they said "yes." According to THX's reps, the Blu-ray disc would be an expanded version of the THX Optimizer found on select DVDs, and would feature test material aimed at a less-technical audience than the only other full-fledged Blu-ray test disc available now, Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics, which is used extensively in CNET's own HDTV testing. THX didn't say when its disc would be available or for how much.

I'll probably buy it. I started with DVE, but have to put a lot of time with it that I don't yet have. Got to Contrast, and haven't figured out which setting on my JVC DILA is actually contrast.

Constant interruptions, something about mowing the lawn, cleaning up, planting the garden, stopping the flooding...... yak yak yak ;)

Yeah, the rain in Williamsburg has been keeping my grass very happy.

Ill prob hold off on buying it because DVE did a good job on my Panasonic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)