Tiger holds share of lead in Abu Dhabi

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
So, is Tiger Woods back and will he win a major during 2012? Offhand, Tiger is being paid 2M for just showing-up at the Abu Dhabi Championship so he's certainly not losing. We shall see...

Source

Tiger Woods shot a 6-under 66 Saturday for a share of the lead after the third round at the Abu Dhabi Championship.

The 14-time major winner played a consistent round to move to 11 under for the tournament.

''It just seemed like I didn't do a lot of things right but I didn't do a lot of things wrong today, it was just very consistent,'' Woods said. ''You know, made a couple putts here and there ... I stayed away from trouble and tried to keep the ball towards the fat side of some of these pins and I think I did a pretty good job.''

On a side note, CBS has been promotiong the 2012 Masters for the past two-weeks. A little early in the season to get excited about the Masters IMO.

Woods loses by two strokes. Rory McIlory gets a two stroke penaly for an obscure rules violation and loses by one.

Woods has really one thing to acomplish. Add to his Majors win total. The rest is really meaningless at this point in his career.

I expect we will see Woods ply a conservative course from here on. Split time between the US tour and Euro and other events (where appearance fees are legal), not really playing all that much, concentrating on the Majors.

I would have watched (on tape delay) but I didn't see it being covered on the Gold Channel or elsewhere. Such is life. I noticed Mickelson has picked-up the clubs once again. The problem with Phil is that he's getting up there in age and I'm sure his arthritis can't help. As usual, I'm really looking forward to this years Masters. :)

I would have watched (on tape delay) but I didn't see it being covered on the Gold Channel or elsewhere. Such is life. I noticed Mickelson has picked-up the clubs once again. The problem with Phil is that he's getting up there in age and I'm sure his arthritis can't help. As usual, I'm really looking forward to this years Masters. :)

CBS was covering it until it went into a playoff where they interrupted play to go to 60 minutes. The rest aired on the Golf Channel.

CBS dumped out of the (US) PGA event after one playoff hole. What turned out to be the final playoff hole was turned over to the Golf Channel.

Woods was playing in the (somewhat misnamed) European PGA Tour event in Arabia (which is technically part of Asia, BTW). It was live on the Golf Channel starting at 3:30 am ET, ending at 8:30, followed immediatly by a rerun of the last 2 1/2 hours. Golf Channel is the exclusive home of Euro Tour events in the USA.

CBS dumped out of the (US) PGA event after one playoff hole. What turned out to be the final playoff hole was turned over to the Golf Channel.

Woods was playing in the (somewhat misnamed) European PGA Tour event in Arabia (which is technically part of Asia, BTW). It was live on the Golf Channel starting at 3:30 am ET, ending at 8:30, followed immediatly by a rerun of the last 2 1/2 hours. Golf Channel is the exclusive home of Euro Tour events in the USA.

I just said that brah.

They're at Pebble Beach not Torrey Pines, and they're not tied anymore. Tigger is falling apart at the turn.:whoo:

Thanks...I meant to say Pebble Beach, but my fingers apparently don't listen. Yep, Tiger bogied 7, 8 and 9 while Phil is still straight and down the middle. Mickelson is 5-shots ahead of Tiger and has a one-stroke lead.

Bad break for Tiger landing in a big divet after a great drive...Mickelson does not.

Tiger's game has been spot on the last 4 or 5 tournaments....especially his putter.

Phil roared like a Lions this afternoon and won his 40th career tournament. He stated he "feels good" and is looking forward to a big year. Crushing Tigers by 11-shots in their head-to-head match was a pretty good start.

Leaderboard:
1 Phil Mickelson -17
2 Charlie Wi -15
3 Ricky Barnes -13
4 Aaron Baddeley -12
T5 Kevin Na -11
T5 Dustin Johnson -11
T15 Tiger Woods -8

As far as the World Golf Rankings go, Phil is #17 and Tigers is #18 prior to this week. I'm expecting both players to crack the Top 10 in the coming weeks.

Tiger's putting was dreadful in the final round. I thought Tiger kept his cool pretty well considering how poorly he was playing. Phil looks like he has reinvented himself. Nice moment with wife Amy at the end. Simply a stunning course.

Tiger's putting was dreadful in the final round. I thought Tiger kept his cool pretty well considering how poorly he was playing. Phil looks like he has reinvented himself. Nice moment with wife Amy at the end. Simply a stunning course.

Yeah... he had some serious putting issues on the final day, before that, he was putting very well. I just do not like Phil. His smile seems so forced...

salsadancer7 said:
I just do not like Phil. His smile seems so forced...

Come on Salsa...we all know you love Phil; it's time to shed your Tiger stripes and jump aboard the P-Train. Phil is a good guy - that's why he's a fan favorite. :)

Besides, Tiger ain't "winning" anything until he seeks professional counseling or unleashes his inner-Sheen that has been dormant since receiving a 9-iron smackdown and subsequent 100M beatdown. There's just not much smile in a toothless tiger.

Also, I didn't think Phil had a forced smile...looked like a big toothy $#!7-eating grin IMO. :D

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts