Tiger Stadium to be demolished

Hey guys this aint over yet!!!!!

The Detroit city council is expected to vote to allow a portion of the Stadium to be saved from Dugout to Dugout.

Looks very promising, as last week they where recommending tearing the entire place down where as today they are recommending they go through with the plan to save it!

Here is what its gonna look like when its done, minus the left and right field single deck grand stands.

DetroitsNavinFieldBWPC.jpg

They'll do nothing with it. Just wait and see. Just the way it is in old Detroit. Big plans, too much red tape, politics, insert your reason here.
Went by there today, looks strange with left field missing. Almost shed a tear, but then I remembered what a great park we have now.

I feel the Tigers and or the City could have made a good amount of money , had they cleaned up Tigers Stadium and used it for High School playoffs as well as some other events.

Out door Hockey games ect.

They could have also had tours thru the stadium that I think would have been very cool.

Your talking city of Detroit. Incompetence , greed and graft at its finest. Hell they even want to sell there end of the tunnel to Windsor because they do not want to invest in upkeep. Even if they cleaned it up, tere would not be enough year round use to justify it. The neighborhood around Tiger Stadium use to be vibrant. Now it is a shell of its former self.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts