tiger woods in car crash

Seriously? Seriously? Again, if there is no crime to investigate (meaning no charges have been filed), why do the cops have to delve deeper into this story to find out IF Tiger and/or his wife have not revealed every single detail?
Because events of the traffic accident are a lie that a 3 year old wouldnt believe.:rolleyes:

If the wife committed assualt and battery then she has committed a crime against the state, not against her husband. If the police see indications that she has committed such a crime, then they are obligated to investigate. Quite often, police do not pursue domestic violence cases when neither party cooperates because the chances of obtaining a conviction without victim cooperation are negligible, but because these are high profile people, the police are pressured to investigate this further.

Seriously? Seriously? Again, if there is no crime to investigate (meaning no charges have been filed), why do the cops have to delve deeper into this story to find out IF Tiger and/or his wife have not revealed every single detail?
It's a witch hunt. This is a case where I'm glad I'm not rich & famous.

At worst, it was domestic abuse. None of your business.

it is if he is hindering an investigation of whatr really happened. or god forbid, he is lying to police.

as a retired reporter, what bothers me isn't so much what really happened. its the lying, the conscious effort to cover everything up and protect his squeeky clean image.

slightly ot, i have a very good friend who would go to the ends of the earth to hide the fact she had numerous lesbian affairs and prove she is straight. i learn more and more all the time how wrapped up she is in preserving a false image. its very, very sad.

it is if he is hindering an investigation of whatr really happened. or god forbid, he is lying to police.

as a retired reporter, what bothers me isn't so much what really happened. its the lying, the conscious effort to cover everything up and protect his squeeky clean image.

slightly ot, i have a very good friend who would go to the ends of the earth to hide the fact she had numerous lesbian affairs and prove she is straight. i learn more and more all the time how wrapped up she is in preserving a false image. its very, very sad.
IF that is what's going on, so what? He is having marital problems and doesn;t want it aired through the media. That doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

IF that is what's going on, so what? He is having marital problems and doesn;t want it aired through the media. That doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

But that's the price you pay. No matter who you are, famous or not, accidents like this are public record.

But, if those "marital problems" did indeed escalate to an assault, the police are obligated to investigate..
Yes they are. It just seems like this alleged domestic assault is receiving more attention form the police than most.

My only point: Tiger Woods doesn't have to speak with the cops. It's his choice.

Accidents on private property are not ordinarily part of the public record. If he had backed into a driveway lamp post and then lurched forward into the neighbor's tree, this would not be part of the public record, except for the fact that the neighbor called 911.

But, if those "marital problems" did indeed escalate to an assault, the police are obligated to investigate..

my understanding is if one of them presses charges.

and here's a thought, if the fhp keep going to the house for an interview, did anybody think they might have more info from other sources they don't want to make public until they question woods?

South Florida Fires Jim Leavitt

Setanta Sports USA: Soon To Become A Thing Of The Past

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)