tiger woods in car crash

Accidents on private property are not ordinarily part of the public record. If he had backed into a driveway lamp post and then lurched forward into the neighbor's tree, this would not be part of the public record, except for the fact that the neighbor called 911.

i believe a fire hydrant is on right of way which isn't public property.

Yes they are. It just seems like this alleged domestic assault is receiving more attention form the police than most.

My only point: Tiger Woods doesn't have to speak with the cops. It's his choice.
You're right, but the longer he's quiet the worse off he'll probably be if there is a story here, all due to his celebrity status. If there are embarassing details is it better coming from him, or the media / police investigation?? See: Letterman, David

A fire hydrant is considered public property. Additionally, are you telling me that if I drove my vehicle (under the influence of alcohol and painkillers no less) for quarter-mile at a high rate of speed across my neighbors yards, that I could not be charged with any motor vehicle violations simply because I was not on a "public way"? ...

Yep. Here is the first entry in a state's Motor Vehicle Laws that I think is typical:

TITLE XXI
MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 265
RULES OF THE ROAD
Obedience to and Effect of Traffic Laws
Section 265:1
265:1 Vehicles on Highways; Exceptions. – The provisions of this title relating to the driving of vehicles refer exclusively to the driving of vehicles upon ways except where a different place is specifically referred to in a given section, and except that the provisions of this title which prohibit driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, reckless driving, driving at an unreasonable speed, and driving after suspension or revocation may be enforced on all roads and streets, or driveways of business establishments, when such roads, streets or driveways are not closed to the general public.

They do have evidence. If I was working the case and saw the TMZ story it would be my duty to check it out.
No they don't. The TMZ story is nothing more than hearsay. If they can't get a first hand witness to verify the hearsay, they have no evidence and it's a dead-end.

You're right, but the longer he's quiet the worse off he'll probably be if there is a story here, all due to his celebrity status. If there are embarassing details is it better coming from him, or the media / police investigation?? See: Letterman, David
I pretty much agree with you.

My GUESS of what is going on: He's protecting his wife by not talking because he feels guilty about an affair......only a guess.

No they don't. The TMZ story is nothing more than hearsay. If they can't get a first hand witness to verify the hearsay, they have no evidence and it's a dead-end.

guess you neglected to read a previous post where i mentioned a former orlando sentinel sports editor (who now works for a much bigger well known company) told me he believed the tmz story because i questioned him about it.

i wouldn't normally give them any crediability but i do give my friend some.

guess you neglected to read a previous post where i mentioned a former orlando sentinel sports editor (who know works for a much bigger well known company) told me he believed the tmz story because i questioned him about it.

i wouldn't normally give them ant crediability but i do give my friend some.
No...I read it. My point to telivisionarchives is that a TMZ story is not evidence - - - it's hearsay. If the police can't get an individual who actually witnessed the events in question, the facts contained in the TMZ story will always be hearsay and never be evidence.

Here is the difference between me and people defending Tiger. I want the truth . If she beat him that the truth should come out. If it happened just like it was reported and TMZ lied then Tiger should sue . But so far the story is not adding up. It's always better to put out the truth.

Here is the difference between me and people defending Tiger. I want the truth . If she beat him that the truth should come out. If it happened just like it was reported and TMZ lied then Tiger should sue . But so far the story is not adding up. It's always better to put out the truth.
And as someone who really doesn't care either way, I'm telling you you're never going to get truth if the witnesses remain silent.

No...I read it. My point to telivisionarchives is that a TMZ story is not evidence - - - it's hearsay. If the police can't get an individual who actually witnessed the events in question, the facts contained in the TMZ story will always be hearsay and never be evidence.

Nope. If Tiger did call his friend and told him what he said it's evidence. Just like if OJ Simpson had called anyone and told them he killed his wife.

Nope. If Tiger did call his friend and told him what he said it's evidence. Just like if OJ Simpson had called anyone and told them he killed his wife.
Yes. The friend's TESTIMONY could be presented to a court as evidence. A jury could accept or reject it. A TMZ story could NEVER be presented as evidence. You'll have to take my word that I know what I'm talking about.

Yes. The friend's TESTIMONY could be presented to a court as evidence. A jury could accept or reject it. A TMZ story could NEVER be presented as evidence. You'll have to take my word that I know what I'm talking about.

No. That's wrong. If they saw this story and contacted the person who talked to Tiger on Friday and found that everything that was reported was true then that witness would be used to show that Tiger and his wife lied .

BREAKING UPDATE...espn.com now reporting fhp has asked for a search warrant to obtain woods hospital treatment records.

South Florida Fires Jim Leavitt

Setanta Sports USA: Soon To Become A Thing Of The Past

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)