tiger woods in car crash

If Tiger was drunk behind the wheel then he really needs to be charged. That's why I'm glad FHP is looking into this. It would explain why he lost control of his vehicle. And he should be charged. Let the FHP do the work and see what happens. If Tiger did nothing wrong then he's back to playing golf. He he tried to cover up a DUI then he's in trouble

Yes. The friend's TESTIMONY could be presented to a court as evidence. A jury could accept or reject it. A TMZ story could NEVER be presented as evidence. You'll have to take my word that I know what I'm talking about.

The friend's testimony may or may not be admissible under the heresay exception called "admission against interest" FWIW, there has been a trend away from that exception in recent years. It would first be up to the judge whether to allow such testimony before a jury might then have the opportunity to weigh it.

See post #206. In that typical statute, DWI and reckless driving laws are only applicable to the operation of a motor vehicle on a "way" or on a business driveway.

The friend's testimony may or may not be admissible under the heresay exception called "admission against interest" FWIW, there has been a trend away from that exception in recent years. It would first be up to the judge whether to allow such testimony before a jury might then have the opportunity to weigh it.
I'm not sure the exception would apply anyways (if Mrs. Woods was on trial) because Tiger himself would be available to testify.

the hospital might have done a blood test since he had lacerations and was bleeding. if so, and if he were drunk or had taken non prescription drugs, it should show up. the hospital might have also done a urine test.

given the real possibility, either one and or both of those tests were administered, i wouldn't be shocked if something shows up that isn't suppose to be there. otherwise, why would he hire a high profile defense attorney.

trust me, 25 years in the news business, i know a thing or two.

also, if fhp is seeking a search warrant, they believe they have enough evidence to obtain said warrant.

See post #206. In that typical statute, DWI and reckless driving laws are only applicable to the operation of a motor vehicle on a "way" or on a business driveway.
If you're drunk behind the wheel and you have an accident it can be in your driveway and you will be charged with DUI. Tiger crashed in his neighbors driveway.

orlandosentinel.com just released accident photos, story said something that from the crash photos, the damage to the front windshield didn't happen upon impact of crash.

and yes, if fhp gets their warrant and they find evidence from the hospital to indicate...domestic violence, use of a non prescribed controled substance or a higher than normal blood alcohol level and so forth, they could go to the DA and ask that charges be filed.

i see the real possibility of obstruction of justice charges being filed here.

Here is the difference between me and people defending Tiger. I want the truth . If she beat him that the truth should come out. If it happened just like it was reported and TMZ lied then Tiger should sue . But so far the story is not adding up. It's always better to put out the truth.

Why does it need to come out? Its none of your business and unless Mr or Mrs woods chooses to press charges against the other then its none of the polices business either.

If me and my brother get into a fight in our back yard and beat each other up, guess what. Its none of the polices business unless the other chooses to pursue criminal charges. The state can not press charges themselves, with out the victem.

orlandosentinel.com just released accident photos, story said something that from the crash photos, the damage to the front windshield didn't happen upon impact of crash.

and yes, if fhp gets their warrant and they find evidence from the hospital to indicate...domestic violence, use of a non prescribed controled substance or a higher than normal blood alcohol level and so forth, they could go to the DA and ask that charges be filed.

i see the real possibility of obstruction of justice charges being filed here.

The only charges they can file would be for the DUI and thats a traffic violation.. They can not do anything about any domestic violence unless Mr or Mrs woods chooses to.

Why does it need to come out? Its none of your business and unless Mr or Mrs woods chooses to press charges against the other then its none of the polices business either.
Not true at all. Florida law (741.2901) states, in part:

The filing, nonfiling, or diversion of criminal charges, and the prosecution of violations of injunctions for protection against domestic violence by the state attorney, shall be determined by these specialized prosecutors over the objection of the victim, if necessary.

i don't believe dui is a traffic violation. yes, they can get him for obstruction of justice. but the bottom line still remains what happened at the hospital, he desperately doesn't want anyone to know about. at this point in time, i think it goes beyond domestic violence or whether or not he was legally drunk when he crashed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)