Tiger Woods Will Play Masters

AHHH....good point. BUT what do they mean by "open"? I mean it was NOT KNOWN until ....THE MEDIA.... "outted him". NO ONE KNEW about his affairs. NOBODY. So you cannot say he was "open" about his affairs....beause he was not. He was sneaking behind EVERYONE'S back.....

Luckily, interpretations of the law happen in court, not in a sports forum. ;)

Sandra

AHHH....good point. BUT what do they mean by "open"? I mean it was NOT KNOWN until ....THE MEDIA.... "outted him". NO ONE KNEW about his affairs. NOBODY. So you cannot say he was "open" about his affairs....beause he was not. He was sneaking behind EVERYONE'S back.....
Here goes the BTM* card again. :rolleyes:

* BTM (Blame The Media)

I personally don't care about Woods' adultery, per se, because I feel this is a private matter between both individuals. However, the problem I do have with this sordid affair is a) the Woods' made it a public spectacle and fodder for late-night entertainment based on their actions over the Thanksgiving Day holiday and b) Woods has exuded a holier than thou "Family Man" public image that has been totally discredited.

I honestly believe this story wouldn't have received more than 15-minutes of attention if the Woods' would have kept this matter "private" and not "invited" public scrutiny by the incredible events that unfolded back in November. Likewise, other public figures get caught with their pants down, but the public interest usually dies down pretty quickly...unless that figure is atop a pedestral preaching public decency or saying, "Look at what a perfect family man I am." For example, notice how little is being said about Charlie Sheen's latest episode. Charlie Sheen never claimed to be anything more than what he is...so the public is not surprised when he lives-up to his billing.

I still feel that Woods has nobody to blame but himself for the public outcry. As a public figure (well paid, no less) you earn both your praise and criticism. Simply said, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." I seriously doubt this episode will affect Tiger Woods' Hall of Fame golfing career...but it will tarnish his image from this point forward.

I personally don't care about Woods' adultery, per se, because I feel this is a private matter between both individuals. However, the problem I do have with this sordid affair is a) the Woods' made it a public spectacle and fodder for late-night entertainment based on their actions over the Thanksgiving Day holiday and b) Woods has exuded a holier than thou "Family Man" public image that has been totally discredited.

I honestly believe this story wouldn't have received more than 15-minutes of attention if the Woods' would have kept this matter "private" and not "invited" public scrutiny by the incredible events that unfolded back in November. Likewise, other public figures get caught with their pants down, but the public interest usually dies down pretty quickly...unless that figure is atop a pedestral preaching public decency or saying, "Look at what a perfect family man I am." For example, notice how little is being said about Charlie Sheen's latest episode. Charlie Sheen never claimed to be anything more than what he is...so the public is not surprised when he lives-up to his billing.

I still feel that Woods has nobody to blame but himself for the public outcry. As a public figure (well paid, no less) you earn both your praise and criticism. Simply said, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." I seriously doubt this episode will affect Tiger Woods' Hall of Fame golfing career...but it will tarnish his image from this point forward.

Good point. You never saw commercials with little kids saying 'I am Charlie Sheen'. Now those Tiger commercials with the little kids seem kind of creepy...

No kid ever wanted to be Charlie Sheen. Hopefully they no longer want to be Tiger Woods.

Sandra

He had a car accident. Car accidents happen EVERY SINGLE DAY. And WHEN did he exude a "hollier than thou" attitude? He he started kicking people's ass on the golf course? :confused:

AGAIN, when...did he EVER get on a...what was the quote, oh yeah..."Look at what a perfect family man I am."??!! Because he was winning at golf...?? You rarely saw him with his family until AFTER he won a tournament, gave them a kiss on TV and then you would see them again until the NEXT tournament win. PLEASE supply all where they have market him a "family man Tiger"...you know, commercials where he is frolicking with him family and stuff like that. ALL his marketing has been based on ONE THING....him being a winner. PERIOD.

He did screw himself up. BUT there was no reason for the media to bring up the sordid affair because it was not news and did nothing illegal.

My point is....his affairs were not KNOWN at ALL....unless the press said something. SO it cannot be said that his affair was "open".
They were known to the press and they were known to the police - both serve the public's interest. I cannot see how Woods' affairs are not considered "open" to the public...heck, why else would he offer-up a public apology. :)

They were known to the press and they were known to the police - both serve the public's interest. I cannot see how Woods' affairs are not considered "open" to the public...heck, why else would he offer-up a public apology. :)

I'm sure he would have rather kept if private and in his own home ......