Tigers and Damon

Lets see, a few weeks ago he was saying how much he would "love playing for the tigers"

My guess is Mike Illitch's (Tiger/Wings Owner) feelings were hurt when fans/media were speculating on the fire sale that was going on after the recent trades of Granderson and Jackson. He recently signed houstons old closer for 7 mil, and now the Damon offer. Dude has plenty of his own money, being the founder of little ceasers, I just think he needs to change his focus, the signing of the veteran all stars worked in Hockey but has not worked in baseball as he has tried to go that route since the WS appearance a few years back

The Tigers traded Granderson for a starter, a reliever, a set-up man and a centerfield prospect, and now are looking to replace him for the next two years with a comparable, if declining, outfielder, for about the same salary that Granderson would have received if he had stayed. Actually, it looks like good business to me, if they really needed to bring three major league arms into their fold.

I can only imagine what his wife is saying in private about living in the Detroit area.

???? If you are talking about the Damon's, there are plenty of very nice areas that they can live in. Our area is having some tuff times right now, but still very nice areas here.

But back to the topic, if he does sign, it will be intresting to see what he can bring to the table. Scott Boras and Mike Illitch have worked on some deals before as of late, we shall see

Last edited:
???? If you are talking about the Damon's, there are plenty of very nice areas that they can live in. Our area is having some tuff times right now, but still very nice areas here.

But back to the topic, if he does sign, it will be intresting to see what he can bring to the table. Scott Boras and Mike Illitch have worked on some deals before as of late, we shall see
I'm sure but I was talking about the New York lifestyle . It's nothing to do with tough times. His wife loved New York City. She was very happy when he signed with the Yankees because they would be living in New York.

Last edited:
I'm sure but I talking about the New York lifestyle . It's nothing to do with tough times. His wife loved New York City. She was very happy when he signed with the Yankees because they would be living in New York.

His wife would be even happier with more money. Regardless of where he lives, it's money that talks.

The Tigers traded Granderson for a starter, a reliever, a set-up man and a centerfield prospect, and now are looking to replace him for the next two years with a comparable, if declining, outfielder, for about the same salary that Granderson would have received if he had stayed. Actually, it looks like good business to me, if they really needed to bring three major league arms into their fold.

Except Granderson hits as well as Damon and plays 10x the better outfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)