Tigers and Damon

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok, still quite a shock ......

What did they say about A-Rod wife awhile back ?

And the other Boston players hot wife from a while back that was always in the news (Benson, I think)
It is not uncommon for wives to speak out.

Yeah , but his wife is a different story.
His wife Michelle showed off her 8-carat canary yellow diamond engagement ring that Johnny gave her back in 2004 while making comparative comments to the size and cost of other wives rings. That's the kind of person she is.

Ok, still quite a shock ......

What did they say about A-Rod wife awhile back ?

And the other Boston players hot wife from a while back that was always in the news (Benson, I think)
It is not uncommon for wives to speak out.
Kris Benson's wife Anna was in the news a lot. While Kris played for the Mets, Anna stated in an interview she that if she ever caught Kris cheating on her she would retaliate by sleeping with the entire Mets roster. Obviously, Kris was a popular teammate. ;)

BTW - Benson never played for the Red Sox. He played for the Pirates, Mets, O's, and Rangers....

Kris Benson's wife Anna was in the news a lot. While Kris played for the Mets, Anna stated in an interview she that if she ever caught Kris cheating on her she would retaliate by sleeping with the entire Mets roster. Obviously, Kris was a popular teammate. ;)

BTW - Benson never played for the Red Sox. He played for the Pirates, Mets, O's, and Rangers....

Ya, your right, I was thinking the Sox , but must have been the O's that I was thinking about at the time, and the Mets, I do remember that ...

While her husband was on the Mets, she also showed up at a team function handing out gifts to needy kids wearing a Santa-type outfit that was so low-cut and high on the leg, it had to be seen to be believed...:eek:

The kids are probably still having nightmares...

Sandra

While her husband was on the Mets, she also showed up at a team function handing out gifts to needy kids wearing a Santa-type outfit that was so low-cut and high on the leg, it had to be seen to be believed...:eek:

This isn't the Mrs. Claus that I remember.... :p

anna_benson_xmas.jpg

Sandra

Looking at that picture, I doubt it's nightmares those kids were having!!!...:rolleyes:...;)

Chances are the Tigers no longer liked the .250 BA Granderson was offering now that he was trying to hit for homers instead of avg.

He was a terrible lead off hitter last season, and I thought his fielding was less than stellar. Couldn't hit left-handers to save his life. Take a look at Jackson's numbers after July last season, and then tell me that they traded these guys because of payroll concerns. I still say that Dombrowski didn't like what he saw anymore. This wasn't about cutting the payroll. Maybe the same thing with Placido, too.

He was a terrible lead off hitter last season, and I thought his fielding was less than stellar. Couldn't hit left-handers to save his life. Take a look at Jackson's numbers after July last season, and then tell me that they traded these guys because of payroll concerns. I still say that Dombrowski didn't like what he saw anymore. This wasn't about cutting the payroll. Maybe the same thing with Placido, too.

I have always enjoyed Granderson's play, Defensively particularly.
Enjoyed his play much better his first several years.

Palonco's production dropped considerably the last few years.

I'd rather have both of them still, but it's time to move on and hope for the best with the younger guys.

The teams said the wanted to get younger when they traded Granderson, which is ridiculous seeing that he is still very young himself.

Damon and Tigers agree on one year

Reports: Johnny Damon, Tigers agree to one-year, $8M deal
Lynn Henning / The Detroit News

Lakeland, Fla. -- Johnny Damon and the Tigers appeared Saturday to have turned their desperate romance into a one-year relationship.

According to reports fromYahoo.com and SI.com, the Tigers and Damon have agreed on a one-year contract for $8 million, pending the positive physical the Tigers require before making any such deal final.

Damon, 36, will likely become manager Jim Leyland's leadoff batter and regular left fielder. He's an elite left-handed batter who last season batted .282 for the Yankees with 24 home runs and 82 RBIs. Of serious importance to the Tigers is Damon's career on-base percentage, .355, which will make him a likely leadoff batter.

The Tigers and Damon entered into an unlikely courtship three weeks ago when Damon's agent, Scott Boras, appeared to have persuaded Tigers owner Mike Ilitch that Damon would happily play in Detroit and be an answer to the Tigers' acknowledged questions at the top of Leyland's batting order.

Damon had expected better times during the offseason, free-agent market. But a bad economy and too many clubs with too few dollars left him vulnerable to a Tigers offer, much in the same fashion as another Boras client, Pudge Rodriguez, came to Detroit in 2004.

Boras and Damon had held out for bigger and better offers, but the Tigers had trumped all parties, and by today it became apparent to Boras and Damon that Detroit would be his destination for 2010.

Damon's arrival likely means that Carlos Guillen will automatically become a fulltime designated hitter. Ryan Raburn, who also was in contention for a job in left field, will likely become a super-sub, or perhaps a contender for the center field assignment if newcomer Austin Jackson struggles.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100220/SPORTS0104/2200390/1004/SPORTS/Reports--Johnny-Damon--Tigers-agree-to-one-year--$8M-deal

Reports: Johnny Damon, Tigers agree to one-year, $8M deal
Lynn Henning / The Detroit News

Lakeland, Fla. -- Johnny Damon and the Tigers appeared Saturday to have turned their desperate romance into a one-year relationship.

According to reports fromYahoo.com and SI.com, the Tigers and Damon have agreed on a one-year contract for $8 million, pending the positive physical the Tigers require before making any such deal final.

Damon, 36, will likely become manager Jim Leyland's leadoff batter and regular left fielder. He's an elite left-handed batter who last season batted .282 for the Yankees with 24 home runs and 82 RBIs. Of serious importance to the Tigers is Damon's career on-base percentage, .355, which will make him a likely leadoff batter.

The Tigers and Damon entered into an unlikely courtship three weeks ago when Damon's agent, Scott Boras, appeared to have persuaded Tigers owner Mike Ilitch that Damon would happily play in Detroit and be an answer to the Tigers' acknowledged questions at the top of Leyland's batting order.

Damon had expected better times during the offseason, free-agent market. But a bad economy and too many clubs with too few dollars left him vulnerable to a Tigers offer, much in the same fashion as another Boras client, Pudge Rodriguez, came to Detroit in 2004.

Boras and Damon had held out for bigger and better offers, but the Tigers had trumped all parties, and by today it became apparent to Boras and Damon that Detroit would be his destination for 2010.

Damon's arrival likely means that Carlos Guillen will automatically become a fulltime designated hitter. Ryan Raburn, who also was in contention for a job in left field, will likely become a super-sub, or perhaps a contender for the center field assignment if newcomer Austin Jackson struggles.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100220/SPORTS0104/2200390/1004/SPORTS/Reports--Johnny-Damon--Tigers-agree-to-one-year--$8M-deal

Hmmm. So much for the "wife not approving of Detroit". Like I said, money talks. LMAO! :)

I am ok with the one year deal, his contract as well as about 40 million other dollars will come off of payroll next year.

I am ok with the one year deal, his contract as well as about 40 million other dollars will come off of payroll next year.

Maybe he'll be a HIT and they go on to BIG things this year and he STAYS another year, we'll see.

Chances are, IF the Tigers make the playoffs, they will likely face the yankees.
That could be very interesting again.

I like what this guy brings in terms of leadership and hustle. Good addition. So much for cutting the payroll. Still need more hitting here, but pitching will carry the day, until help arrives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts