Tiling problem with 8300HD

.O.

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
PHX
For the past week or so my 8300HD has had a bad tiling/pixelation problem.
They sent out a tech today, he checked out all connections and would up replacing the receiver. Unfortunately the problem is still there with the new receiver.
Yes, I have rebooted every way I know of.
Anyone else have this problem?
Any suggestions.

.O. said:
For the past week or so my 8300HD has had a bad tiling/pixelation problem.
They sent out a tech today, he checked out all connections and would up replacing the receiver. Unfortunately the problem is still there with the new receiver.
Yes, I have rebooted every way I know of.
Anyone else have this problem?
Any suggestions.
You may wish to have the cable tech check your signal levels and check if there are any RF filters on the line that may be creating noise. Better yet, go into diagnostic mode and check your signal level and signal-to-noise ration (SNR). A marginal signal level can product your pixelation and macroblocking while not affecting your other digital nor analog channels.

riffjim4069 said:
You may wish to have the cable tech check your signal levels and check if there are any RF filters on the line that may be creating noise. Better yet, go into diagnostic mode and check your signal level and signal-to-noise ration (SNR). A marginal signal level can product your pixelation and macroblocking while not affecting your other digital nor analog channels.

When he was here he went through all the diagnostics. I believe that was the reason he changed out units.
Anyways, someone is coming out again Friday so we'll see what happens then. Stay Tuned.

Are you running your coaxial cable through a surge protector. If so you may want to try disconnecting it from the surge protector and running the cable straight into the dvr.

No surge protectors, no splitters, they have replaced all the cable and barrels they can.

Other than signal levels, I have no idea other than to check if your firmware (SARA?) was recently upgraded. What did your cable tech determine yesterday? Are others in your area experiencing the same? If so, maybe this is problem at your cable headend. For example, Terayon has a new product, DM 3200HD Network CherryPicker, that will allow cable operators to deliver 4 channels of full HDTV over a single 256 QAM channel. It will rate shape multiple HD feeds into a single channel while maintaining optimum picture quality (their claim!). Also they can stuff up to 32 channels of regular digital video down a single channel. Maybe your cable plant has placed the proverbial straw that broke the camels back?

It could very well be signal level, I'm going to suggest they install an amplifier inline.
I think this receiver may have issues also because there are some programs it will not record so I'll have them change it out also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)