[Other Topic] Time for an HD Radio Allocation Plan?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We're not the ones to ask that question.

"Standard broadcast band" broadcasters, (AM-also known as "Medium Wave") and those on the FM band have nothing to do with that at all.

If SW is less than it used to be, it's likely because the money to operate high power international stations just isn't there anymore. No matter the band, (except amateur) Radio is a BUSINESS, and funds have to flow for the business model to work, be it from government backing (some SW stations) or or any other source.
It goes right back to showing support for your favorite BROADcaster. Popularity of the particular signal = survival and growth via sales and underwriting (including government support) by some type of entity. The same applies on all bands....because SOMEONE is bank-rolling the operation somehow.

Radio, in our KIA with the premium radio you can disable the HD thankfully. I find it hard to believe people like the HD "feature" as it now exists.

Reactions: Mr Tony
One thing I noticed when I was in Minneapolis and used the "HD" radio is why does one substation cut out constantly yet another work fine?

Example is KQQL 107.9 Anoka/Minneapolis. They have 2 subs (and to get at "radio"'s goat..they both are to feed analog translators)
HD2 is alternative music (Alt 93.3) and the signal is strong all the time (rarely cuts out)
HD3 was KOOL 1-0-80's and it woudl cut out (HD would "blink on and off" all the time. It was hard to listen more than 30 seconds without it cutting in and out

Its a 100kw class C station (333 meters) yet one sub cuts out and one is fine (along with the main station)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts