Time setting challenge

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
For quite a while the auto-time set has been 2 to 3 minutes late, so to record an 8AM program has required setting the timer to 7:58. Now the clock is advancing (about 6 minutes fast) and with the timer set at 7:58 the recording started about 7:51 actual time and the 30 minute recording therefore ended about 8:21 rather than 8:30.

As cheap as digital clocks are ($0.99)(even international radio-set clocks at $9.67 each) it would seem an uplinker could improve the accuracy considerably.

My VHS recorder, which draws too much current to be acceptable, even when running on an inverter, holds the time within 2 minutes a month - except if the inverter drops off due to low batteries.

The DVR feature is WORTHLESS if the recording fails to get the recording I need.

What"s "UP DOC"?

For quite a while the auto-time set has been 2 to 3 minutes late, so to record an 8AM program has required setting the timer to 7:58. Now the clock is advancing (about 6 minutes fast).....

Thank you for the notice. We have notified the uplinker to resync the time on the encoder.

Please give us a telephone call or drop an email to support when the time drifts off. We regularly check and notify the uplinker when we observe that time is more than a few minutes off.

I will do that... I would hope that they could get a reliable clock in the system. I do not know how they run the clock, but I know it could not be that hard! I wrote a program in basic to read the Navy time and send it to the PC system time clock on my old XT and dial up.