Time setting challenge

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
For quite a while the auto-time set has been 2 to 3 minutes late, so to record an 8AM program has required setting the timer to 7:58. Now the clock is advancing (about 6 minutes fast) and with the timer set at 7:58 the recording started about 7:51 actual time and the 30 minute recording therefore ended about 8:21 rather than 8:30.

As cheap as digital clocks are ($0.99)(even international radio-set clocks at $9.67 each) it would seem an uplinker could improve the accuracy considerably.

My VHS recorder, which draws too much current to be acceptable, even when running on an inverter, holds the time within 2 minutes a month - except if the inverter drops off due to low batteries.

The DVR feature is WORTHLESS if the recording fails to get the recording I need.

What"s "UP DOC"?

For quite a while the auto-time set has been 2 to 3 minutes late, so to record an 8AM program has required setting the timer to 7:58. Now the clock is advancing (about 6 minutes fast).....

Thank you for the notice. We have notified the uplinker to resync the time on the encoder.

Please give us a telephone call or drop an email to support when the time drifts off. We regularly check and notify the uplinker when we observe that time is more than a few minutes off.

I will do that... I would hope that they could get a reliable clock in the system. I do not know how they run the clock, but I know it could not be that hard! I wrote a program in basic to read the Navy time and send it to the PC system time clock on my old XT and dial up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)