time shifting question and your thoughts

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
I am in CST time zone, we have kicked around the idea of time shifting the network stations. It would probably be a digital offering instead of analog. What is your opinion and would you like to have the convience of such? We would like to offer the PST feeds of ABC, Fox, NBC, and CBS and I'm sure we would have to get clearence through our local affiliates but I don't see them having a problem with it.

are you talking about providing signal from network stations on the west coast or just putting the local stations into a 2-hour delay buffer?

I am pretty sure they would have a problem with the first choice.

Pepper said:
are you talking about providing signal from network stations on the west coast or just putting the local stations into a 2-hour delay buffer?

I am pretty sure they would have a problem with the first choice.

actually west coast feeds, a two hour delay would be more expensive to set up instead of picking up west coast feeds. I know if we carry out of market channels in the surrounding area, we usually pay copyright for doing that. Birmingham is my main DMA, cable systems around here usually have something out of Huntsville or Atlanta as well. What would be different if I offered say L.A. in place of Atlanta or Huntsville?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)