Time to re-sign up: what is the best deal i can get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsclark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
Last time I renewed, they gave me one year of free HBO, Showtime and free HDTV for the year as well. What do they offer now? Also, I I have no interest in sports.
I have an old TIVo HD DVR in the bedroom- will they give me a free HD DVR to replace that?

Why are you wanting to resign a contract?
You can keep what you have now with no commitment for as long as you like.

Or are you wanting to add another box?

Why are you wanting to resign a contract?
You can keep what you have now with no commitment for as long as you like.

Or are you wanting to add another box?

I just finished a two year contract. For renewing for another two years (resign) I was given free HDTV/Showtime/HBO for one year.
Yeah, I have no committment now, but would like some free stuff stuff, otherwise I'll just go somewhere else.

A little OT here but I signed up for the 2-yr contract last Sept. I figured that when the contract was up, the NFL ST pkg would go "public" with open bidding among the major players (ie Dish, FIOS, etc) since the exclusive DTV contract was due to expire after the '10 NFL season. Since DTV extended their exclusive ST deal with the NFL thru '13 (is that correct?), I guess I'll be a DTV guy for a little longer.

However, I'll ask for deals after my 1-yr contract comes up for re-signing.

When you call, ask for the retention dept. They have more leeway in offering deals to keep customers. If you're serious about trying another service, tell them. If you want the HD DVR, ask, and see what all you can get.

I called since my contract expired last month. They said that if I keep my package, they will give me $20 a month for 6 months, and then $10 for the next six months so a total of $180 off of my bill (of course the last 12 months I will pay regular price) if I decide to stay with them...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts