Time to Update DVR Timers

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Time to update the timers on the Tivos any Sony HD DVR. Just wondering what timers everyone will be deleting/adding this season.

Deleted last years timers:
- $..! My Dad Says (liked the show)
- Law & Order: LA (wasn't a fan)
- The Event (kept the timer but didn't like the show)
- The Defenders (loved the show)
- The Whole Truth (smart but wasn't around long enough to like or dislike)
- Detroit 1-8-7 (liked it at first...but got old quickly)
- Human Target (I liked this show)
- Medium (I liked this show, but it's time had come)

Added new timers: (not many this year):
- Revenge (ABC) Wednesday 10pm Sept 21 (mild interested based on promos
- Unforgettable (CBS) Tuesday 10pm Sept 20 (possibly interesting)
- Person of Interest (CBS) Thursday 9pm Sept 22 (looks interesting)
- A Gifted Man (CBS) Friday 8pm Sept 23 (complete unknown)
- Prime Suspect (NBC) Thursday 10pm Sept 22 (slim chance I'll like it)
- Grimm (NBC) Friday 9pm Oct 21 (unknown)

New timers:
- Survivor Pacific (CBS)
- Unforgettable (CBS)
- Person of Interest (CBS)
- Prime Suspect (NBC)
- Two Broke Girls (CBS) give it a try
- Grimm (NBC)
- Playboy Club (NBC) give it a try
- Up All Night (NBC)
- Pan Am (ABC) give a try
- Terra Nova (FOX)

Probable deletions:
- Two and a Half Men (CBS)losing ;)
(already cleaned out canceled shows)

Not trying Pan Am and Playboy Club (even though I like Cibrian).

Besides above, am adding Charlie's Angels, Whitney, and New Girl (Fox, I like Zooey). Torn on Revenge. Looks to Soap Operaey (New Word). Also trying Once Upon a Time (ABC).

S~

I am putting them all on timer. I will only watch the ones that interest me at first. If there are breakout hits or something that I am not watching I will have them ready to roll. I will probably drop half of them without watching.

Pan Am, Playboy Club and Charlie's Angels didn't grab my attention. Revenge was "iffy" for the soap opera factor, but I really loved the promo. I'm going to add Whitney because you never know, and I've considered deleting 2.5 Men but I just deleted it partly because of Don, the fact I haven't really enjoyed the past season or two, and adding Kutcher didn't help matters.

I don't know what Up All Night and Terra Nova are about so perhaps I'll add those as well.

Pan Am, Playboy Club and Charlie's Angels didn't grab my attention. Revenge was "iffy" for the soap opera factor, but I really loved the promo. I'm going to add Whitney because you never know, and I've considered deleting 2.5 Men but I just deleted it partly because of Don, the fact I haven't really enjoyed the past season or two, and adding Kutcher didn't help matters.

I don't know what Up All Night and Terra Nova are about so perhaps I'll add those as well.

She Who Must be Obeyed wants Revenge iffy if at all.:coffee

Not to Highjack the only thing I miss about AT&T U-Verse is that I could record 4 shows at a time. :hand: :mmph:

She Who Must be Obeyed wants Revenge iffy if at all.:coffee

Granted, I don't have high-hopes for this show but I like its premise...there's no compromise, there's no understanding, there's no closure, there's no finding a deeper-meaning...just delivering one of the oldest dishes served cold. I guess it's a reality show. :D

I am putting them all on timer. I will only watch the ones that interest me at first. If there are breakout hits or something that I am not watching I will have them ready to roll. I will probably drop half of them without watching.

Thats what the VOD is good for, you don't have to fill up your Timers till it's something you KNOW you want !

Adding Unforgetable, I'll see how it goes.

Dropping House Got tired of it, liked a few of the characters though.
Medium already gone, but really liked it.

Keeping :

NCIS
NCIS LA
CSI NY
CSI Miami

Adding Unforgetable, I'll see how it goes.

Dropping House Got tired of it, liked a few of the characters though.
Medium already gone, but really liked it.

Keeping :

NCIS
NCIS LA
CSI NY
CSI Miami

After seeing the promos where House starts the season in prison, I'm thinking of deleting the timer too. Of course he's such a nutcase my wife likes to analyze him.

Set up a timer for Ringer, just to see how Sarah Michelle Geller would do with her return to network.

Removed the timer at the first commercial. Went to the recorded Top Gear program at the second commercial.

That show was depressing, dragged, and had no redeeming social value whatsoever. Won't last 6 episodes.

Thats what the VOD is good for, you don't have to fill up your Timers till it's something you KNOW you want !

It is usually only about a month before you "know". Many I will watch the pilot to decide if it is a show I would be interested in to start with, then initial ratings kick in. Networks are so jumpy that after 4 weeks they decide the back end of the season.

Yep, the problem about having so many programming choices these days is that the networks are so quick to terminate a new show if it's not an immediate hit...regardless of how good a show is or whether it would gain more viewers after a season or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)