Time to upgrade to HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

erict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Well Saturday I am finally calling d* to upgrade to HD. I’m hoping I can get the hd/dvr for $99 and a free hd receiver. I don’t need any free prem channels or any other discounts. What do you think would be the best approach to try to achieve this? I am a 9yr customer with no commitment.

Well Saturday I am finally calling d* to upgrade to HD. I’m hoping I can get the hd/dvr for $99 and a free hd receiver. I don’t need any free prem channels or any other discounts. What do you think would be the best approach to try to achieve this? I am a 9yr customer with no commitment.
Cancel your service and sign up again under you spouses name.

Or call in and mention your loyalty and that you are interested in upgrading to HD and would like a good incentive to do so. And as always, be nice and nice things might happen. If standard CSR can't/won't give you an offer you consider worthwhile, say thank you, hang up and call back. The next CSR might be more generous.

But if you are trading in your old equipment for new HD DVR(s)/Receiver(s), you may get a discount that way. I was with D* for several year (about 7) when upgraded to HD and was able to get free HDDVR by trading in old "owned" SD Receiver. Then less than 2 years later upgraded other old Tivo unit to HR20, and got the same "free" deal plus I got to keep the Tivo.

So deals are possible...just be nice :D

Well I just got off the phone with D* and here is what they offered me.

HD/DVR for $99
STD HD for free
Starz free for 6 months to help offset the $99 hd/dvr

I’m happy with this offer:D

Well I just got off the phone with D* and here is what they offered me.

HD/DVR for $99
STD HD for free
Starz free for 6 months to help offset the $99 hd/dvr

I’m happy with this offer:D

Good deal - very similiar to what a new customer would get - clearly rewarding you for 9 years :)

Welcome to HD land!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)