Time Warner Cable Exec Pushed Out Over Customer Complaints

legends92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Valencia, CA
LOS ANGELES -- Time Warner Cable has disconnected its chief Southern California cable guy.

Roger Keating had been regional chief since 2003, but was forced out Wednesday after an avalanche of service complaints from customers.

Customers griped about Internet and e-mail outages, TV channel lineup changes and pressure to sign up for digital service.

Of particular irritation were the long and sometimes futile waits to reach a human on customer service lines.

More than 10,000 people have canceled their subscriptions since October.

Keating and his bosses say in a company memo that it's "a good time" for him to leave.

He'll be replaced by two Time Warner executives.

http://www.nbc4.tv/money/11270602/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

Wow I'm quite shocked this didn't occur sooner. If this type of stuff went on in a few Comcast markets (New Hampshire and Philly) I bet the exec would be whacked before being fired.:eek: When New Hampshire says Live Free Or Die they really mean it. With crappy TV service we cannot live freely so somebody must die for that.:D Philly on the other hand has the mob along with their mob of people. Just attend an Eagles home game and no exec would ever ticked those people off lol.:D

Literally one day before this announcement, I had sent mail to one of this guy's direct reports complaining about being unable to get HBO added to my account (very long hold times or the system was down).

The VP's office was very responsive then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts