Time Warner remote question re: home audio system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ohioscottzee

Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
Ohio
First post, searched for an answer but didn't find one. If I missed it, I apologize.
I just switched to Time Warner Cable from Directv.
I have everything set up except for one small thing, which I hope is something obvious that I am missing.
I programmed the Time Warner remote (UR5U-8780L-TWM) to control my Bose home theater volume (which the cable box is running through for audio output) , but only if I press "AUX" first. If I want to use the remote to control the cable box, I have to hit the "CBL" button first, and then the remote won't control the Bose audio (i.e. the volume up/down).
So basically: How do I get the remote to stay in "CBL" mode but keep the volume up/down in "AUX" mode?
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

From the TWC remote programming manual:
| Time Warner Cable | Corporate
Volume and Mute control are automatically transferred to the respective Device Mode you select, as follows:
CBL: TV
TV: TV
VCR: TV
DVD: TV
AUX: AUX.

If you wish to store the CBL volume controls in the CBL mode use the following steps:
STEP 1 Press the [OK] button and [CBL] button simultaneously for three seconds. The device LED will turn on for 30 seconds. The next step must be performed while the LED is on.
STEP 2 Press the [VOL+] button. The device LED will blink.
STEP 3 Press [CBL] button. The device LED will blink twice to confirm the programming. Now the CBL volume will default to the cable set-top box allowing you to adjust the cable set-top volume when the remote control is in CBL mode.
Note: To return the TV volume to the CBL Mode repeat steps above replacing [CBL] with [TV] in Step 3.Volume controls can be modified for all devices by following the above steps..

So, if you want to program the volume to be controlled by the Bose in all modes, replace [CBL] wit [AUX] in step 3, and repeat with the appropriate buttons for steps 1 and 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts