Timer button grayed out in

Does anyone know if DISH has this screwed up in other model DVRs? And if so, which ones?

I'm really fed up. If there is a different model that doesn't have the problem, I would consider a swap (without contract extension). Barring that or immediate roll back of 522/625 software, I am definitely dumping DISH.

The 522 and 625 are the only models that have this issue.

The 522 and 625 are the only models that have this issue.
Sincere thanks for some useful information.

Since you are with DISH Support, is there any point in requesting a free swap to a different model? I'm not looking to waste time on the phone if it's never gonna happen. I don't want to waste more time than this bug has already taken and continues to. I would not be asking except someone implied newer model updates happen more often and therefore problems would be shorter lived.

Last edited:
Sincere thanks for some useful information.

Since you are with DISH Support, is there any point in requesting a free swap to a different model? I'm not looking to waste time on the phone if it's never gonna happen. I don't want to waste more time than this bug has already taken and continues to. I would not be asking except someone implied newer model updates happen more often and therefore problems would be shorter lived.

More than likely there would not be a cost to upgrade to a VIP 722/722k but there would be a 24 month commitment. Shoot me a PM with your account information if you'd like me to take a look.

More than likely there would not be a cost to upgrade to a VIP 722/722k but there would be a 24 month commitment. Shoot me a PM with your account information if you'd like me to take a look.
I'll PM my account #, but don't bother if a 24 month commitment is a sure thing. No way would I commit to 24 months although it would probably happen naturally unless DISH screws up the software for that as badly and is in no hurry to fix it. But this is the only serious software problem I've seen in many years of using DISH.

I can see DISH needing a commitment if they are shipping a new box that they haven't recovered the cost of, but not for a refurbished one that DISH as already received years of income from. I don't need a new box, I just want something that doesn't have this bug and a delivery date rather than "maybe they'll fix what you are using now but who knows when."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts