Timer Creation Failed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was getting that error immediately when I tried to create a series timer, so it never shows. I was able to do a one time recording. Last week, PTAT didn't record and my guide was incomplete. This time, the guide is fine.

What are the timer limits on the Hopper 3? I have over 50.

I was getting that error immediately when I tried to create a series timer, so it never shows. I was able to do a one time recording. Last week, PTAT didn't record and my guide was incomplete. This time, the guide is fine.

What are the timer limits on the Hopper 3? I have over 50.

I'm pretty sure the time limit is 200.

I've seen this happen when a few hours were missing out of the middle of an otherwise complete guide. Never seen it happen with a totally complete guide.

Reactions: xfoneguy

I've seen this happen when a few hours were missing out of the middle of an otherwise complete guide. Never seen it happen with a totally complete guide.
Is there any way to force a guide download, I'm missing some information in guide and my PTAT isn't recording tonight and can't create timer. Similar thing happened a couple weeks back and reboot fixed issue but not this time.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Is there any way to force a guide download, I'm missing some information in guide and my PTAT isn't recording tonight and can't create timer. Similar thing happened a couple weeks back and reboot fixed issue but not this time.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Be sure the Hopper and all connected Joeys are off or in standby mode. The guide download should start within 15 minutes. If that doesn't work reboot the Hopper and repeat the procedure. Good luck.

If I have 199 timers, I get this "failed" message as soon as I try to create #200. It's been that way for quite some time now.

I was getting it with less than 60. Things are normal again, but that was twice in two weeks. Probably some software bug. H3 is getting better, but I was an extremely early adopter and have dealt with some quirkiness for it.

This was a new problem, though. I'm glad it went away for the time being.

I've got his same problem right now. Set up a timer yesterday for the PGA tour today and tomorrow on the Golf channel at 1pm and NBC at 2:30pm for Saturday and 11am-1pm tomorrow on the Golf Channel and 1-4pm on CBS. Red circle showed up on guide for all times. Went to the DVR Schedule and all 4 programs were scheduled.

Today nothing! All four times are gone and a new one has been entered for 1am to 5am Sun for the final round on Golf Channel?

Just went back to DVR and the times for 2:30today and bot of tomorrow's are both back! This is after receiving the timer creation failed message when trying to set them back up again.

This is getting ridiculous

I'm having the same issue over the past few days with my H3 and I already have PTA disabled. I definitely have nowhere near 200 timers either (54 at last check).

I've been able to brute force a timer here and there, but be it an auto tuner or setting up a recording, this is happening at least 80% of the time I try to set a timer over the past week.

I started getting this on Sunday and it is still going on. Reset system and unplugged system. Called and they said it i a known issue and that they will tag my account, but that doesn't fix my problem.

Mine required two reboots and a visit to the diagnostics menu to "fix issues". However, everything worked fine once that was completed and I am now able to both set new timers and my old timers are working and recording again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)