Timer Notification popup

pitbull2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Does anyone else find the Timer Notification popup for Auto Tune events on the Hopper to be a bit excessive? On my 722k, a 2 minute countdown would appear in the lower left corner of the screen. At that point, you could hit Select and cancel the timer or just let the out of the way timer finish counting down. Now, with the Hopper, the notification popup is a very large window that appears in the middle of the screen and covers about 50% of the picture until you either acknowledge it or it switches channels! I would much prefer if Dish would go back to the unobtrusive countdown.

I only see it with Auto Tune timers so you won't see it if your timer is set to record a program. Also, I wouldn't classify it as a bug but rather an annoying feature that needs to be changed!

What is extra annoying in this case is that it happens even when you are already tuned to that channel. (on my H2s with CUI) Hopper should be smart enough to know that it is already on that channel.............

I don't always see it - sometimes with auto tune and sometimes with recordings. Never changes the channel since there are plenty of tuners.

Are you talking about an H3? My HWS used to give us a choice if we had a conflict and it was going to change he channel to record something. I haven't seen this on the H3 because there are no conflicts since we have 16 tuners.
Maybe this is a setting buried someplace in the set up that will turn his off? Like I said we do not see this but we are not heavy users either.

Are you talking about an H3? My HWS used to give us a choice if we had a conflict and it was going to change he channel to record something. I haven't seen this on the H3 because there are no conflicts since we have 16 tuners.
Maybe this is a setting buried someplace in the set up that will turn his off? Like I said we do not see this but we are not heavy users either.

Mine is on the Hopper 3. I am a fairly heavy user and have had up to 8 things record at once - but never not enough to fill all the tuners. If it is a setting I would love to turn it off.

I don't do autotune and I have never seen the timer notificaton come up on my H3. I looked around in menu and don't see anything specific tontimer notifications but it might be included in TV Enhancments. Mine is turned off. You might want to see if yours is off as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts