Timer problems with 508 / P400

Mike1951

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
SE Texas
I had four timers scheduled for today that were created from the program guide. Only one of the four completed.

The other three stopped recording at 39min (2hr 8min timer), 44min (1hr 48min timer), and 1hour 23min (1hr 38min timer).

I live alone and wasn't home during the earlier aborts but I was watching the last one when it just stopped recording.

I had this happen occasionally with my previous 508 with the older software.

This is a replacement 508 just activated two days ago, when it downloaded the P400 software.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Mike

I had a 30 minute timer stop after 14 minutes, without interference from other programs or people. I'll start keeping an eye on this.

I had four more timers set today that were created from the program guide.

One executed in its entirety and three stopped after 3min, 5min, and 39 minutes.

Last night, prior to turning the 508 off, I did a front panel reset, apparently to no avail.

The tech yesterday had me change remote frequencies in case my neighbor might have an interfering remote.

I never sent my old 508 back. They want to send me yet another replacement 508, so I told them I was keeping my old unit in the interim and returning the currently installed unit. I hope, by morning, to have time to switch the units out and get my old one reactivated.

Mike

They just spooled a couple of beta software updates so I can guarantee you that P4.00 is not going out to everyone and they are probably trying to fix these problems.

Just don't return the receiver you have.

I wound up keeping the replacement 508 they sent me and went ahead and returned the original 508.

I reported that 7 timers had stopped on exactly 5:11am and 2 more had stopped on 5:12am. That's way past coincidence.

Anyway, P401 downloaded a couple of days ago and no problems since. It's too early to pronounce it fixed but it's looking hopeful.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)