Timer records old shows

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tpribors

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
The last two weeks the H3 has recorded an old Chicago Med. The recording info shows it as "new" but they're not. This isn't the first time it's done it, just the most recent. Note that none of the other Chicago shows that air on Wednesday were deemed "new"...

Nope, timer is new only (as are the other Chicago shows on Wed - I record all and watch using the commercial skip). The show info says "New". The "New + Hop" logo shows on the recordings grid. It thinks its a new show.

I record those shows also. Nothing recorded as new for me on my H3. These shows are in the Recordings folder and not PTAT?
Correct, they have showed up as new recordings (as well as PTAT). I had deleted this week's recording and looked in PTAT they show as recorded on the date they appeared with the original air date. I then restored them to the main recording tab they both show show as new (logo in the upper left and in the description)

Oh well...

Keep in mind that the show people can change one little thing in an old show and present it as new! I see this alot!
Aha! I get a ton of old episodes of Mysteries at the Museum, or Mysteries of the Abandoned recorded as new for no apparent reason. Sometimes I see two or three of these episodes together in the guide and listed as new even though they are not. :mad: What a waste of time and space on disk.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've been getting two identical copies of a 'real' new show (Shining Vale) on Starz C 354 every week.

There is only one timer. I just looked, it shows scheduled to record on this Friday 10pm and again on Saturday morning at 1:30 am. Both shows are on STZC 354. Both are identical including the Season, Episode, date, description.

Never happened before H316.

I've even tried deleting the timer, finding the show in the guide and setting a new timer. Nope, still schedules two recordings of the same show.

I imagine it could be with the Guide supplier marking both shows as new.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've been getting two identical copies of a 'real' new show (Shining Vale) on Starz C 354 every week.

There is only one timer. I just looked, it shows scheduled to record on this Friday 10pm and again on Saturday morning at 1:30 am. Both shows are on STZC 354. Both are identical including the Season, Episode, date, description.

Never happened before H316.

I've even tried deleting the timer, finding the show in the guide and setting a new timer. Nope, still schedules two recordings of the same show.

I imagine it could be with the Guide supplier marking both shows as new.
I have noticed this as well with some of my timers, I think it did it recording the show "From" on Epix.

Reactions: bookworm370
Sounds like the content providers are getting creative about the metadata they send about their programming. I've had several shows on at least one network channel repeatedly be re-recorded because they add minor bits to the show and call it a new program.