Timers constantly being moved and deleted with no input from me

tsiyvwiyv

Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
Illinois
Is anyone else having the issue of their timers constantly being moved around or deleted completely by themselves? I've had this problem for years with my Dish Hopper, and even had to escalate it all the way up to the Dish corporate offices, only to be told that they are "working on fixing the problem." The only problem is, that was over a year ago, and the problem not only has not been fixed, it has gotten much worse. I constantly find that my shows don't get recorded, only to find that the timer was magically and randomly deleted for no apparent reason, or it was moved way down the list of recordings and something else was recorded instead of it that was supposed to be of less priority than that show. I see Dish recently did some sort of upgrade with the user interface, but they really need to do something about their near useless timers.

YES my number one timer for Morning Joe went away over the last Tuesday . I have this happen radomly and it isn't always the same timer. I even have timers change in position from say 50 to number one . I never know when it will happen but I have had a lot of strange things happen since the 511 software downloaded. Not just on the hopper 3 but over the Dish Anywhere app on the Amazon Fire tv stick . I just put them back in and check on the timers from week to week to see if any of them are missing or changed position.

Reactions: tsiyvwiyv
The issue I have had for a couple of years is that all timers that I set are getting deleted without my interaction. The recordings I do get manually also deleted. I have Hopper 3 and 1 4k Joey. Spectrum Wifi with secure password. After the 5th H3 replacement, I gave up.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I have not had problems with timers going away or being modified but I have had scheduled programs (red dot in the guide display) change to skipped (white dot) overnight. This started happening a few weeks ago. I have resorted to checking whether a scheduled program will actually record by viewing the schedule a few hours before the program starts and restoring the the program's state to red dot. There is an annoying bug in this process because the restore command does not immediately change the color of the recording dot. It is only after the screen is refreshed that the dot appears as red.

I agree with dar32be's comment. The DVR software's state is an embarrassment to Dish..

Of course if you are using a Harmony remote this could cause some issues! :)
If you are using a Harmony remote, anyone else with a Harmony remote could also control your Hopper! :eeek I am just pointing out a vulnerability to being pranked. The best bet is to keep your windows completely blacked-out, so nobody else can aim an infrared remote at your receiver. :biggrin

I check twice a day to make sure all my scheduled timers are good to go.
I kind of got used to doing that when I had the 921 receiver . That turkey had to be reset every day right before primetime to insure that the timers all fired and recorded properly. Now I have to babysit the hopper to make sure my timers don’t disappear. The more things change with DISH the more they stay the same.

I kind of got used to doing that when I had the 921 receiver . That turkey had to be reset every day right before primetime to insure that the timers all fired and recorded properly. Now I have to babysit the hopper to make sure my timers don’t disappear. The more things change with DISH the more they stay the same.
I am not having a bit of timer issues with my Hoppers. I got into the habit of checking timers from my days with Charter DVRs. They were a nightmare.

Reactions: pattykay
I am not having a bit of timer issues with my Hoppers. I got into the habit of checking timers from my days with Charter DVRs. They were a nightmare.
I had one of my timers shift yesterday from 50 to 20 in priority. I changed nothing to cause this. This has been going on since I first got a Hopper 1. I have noticed also if you create a timer from the guide and then go back and select it to edit it , you don't always get that timer to come up. For example I select a night time shows on the network to change it to new episodes only after creating it and it was a rerun, I sometimes get an entirely different timer like my #1 timer Morning Joe instead of the show I just created from the guide. There are also problems when you try to change timers in priority and it will lock up after a while and you have to get out of the menu and come back in to change it again. I also get the message Failed Timer couldn't edit for no apparent reason. Minor inconveniences, but it shouldn't operate that way.

I had one of my timers shift yesterday from 50 to 20 in priority. I changed nothing to cause this. This has been going on since I first got a Hopper 1. I have noticed also if you create a timer from the guide and then go back and select it to edit it , you don't always get that timer to come up. For example I select a night time shows on the network to change it to new episodes only after creating it and it was a rerun, I sometimes get an entirely different timer like my #1 timer Morning Joe instead of the show I just created from the guide. There are also problems when you try to change timers in priority and it will lock up after a while and you have to get out of the menu and come back in to change it again. I also get the message Failed Timer couldn't edit for no apparent reason. Minor inconveniences, but it shouldn't operate that way.
I am not seeing that. I edit all my timers to be in alphabetical order. No concern over priority for me with the Hopper 3.

Yeah, what is the point of priority with 16 tuners? Is there some other use for it that I'm not thinking of?
Yep, I would think there is no point for setting timers by priority anymore. I have always kept my timers alphabetically in all my past DVRs too. I wish DISH would update the Timer's setting so we can select priority or title. There is a Title selection in the Timers, Options, Priority Sort menu, but it only works one time and won't stay put.

Yep, I would think there is no point for setting timers by priority anymore. I have always kept my timers alphabetically in all my past DVRs too. I wish DISH would update the Timer's setting so we can select priority or title. There is a Title selection in the Timers, Options, Priority Sort menu, but it only works one time and won't stay put.
That also bothers my sister, since she likes for her timers to be sorted alphabetically, too.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That also bothers my sister, since she likes for her timers to be sorted alphabetically, too.
Yep, I think alphabetically is the way to go. I go into my timers list often. Faster to get to a particular timer when you know the name of the program versus going thru up to 199 timers looking for it.

I have my timers set by the way I watch tv each day. All my News timers for cable and ota are in order by when they hit by their time. Then all my Cable entertainment channels , then all Comedy on the networks followed by drama/ crime solving and last is the Cw super hero timers which my whole family watches. My wife’s timers are all after that and she adds to them quite regularly , without deleting old ones that are no longer on tv. I’m old school and like to be able to just go down the list by genres and see them in order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts