Timers for sports teams

auribe14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I have tried to set timers (seekers?) for my sports teams but have not been able to get them to work right.

When you search, you can utilize categories, but the do not stay when you set the Seek recording. So, for instance, my Giants recording currently records everything that includes Giants in the title- not just my Giants baseball events.

Any ideas?

I set two Dish Pass (or Seek and Record for the Hopper folk) timers based on title:

"(team name) at" for away games
"at (team name)" for home games

Works well.

I set two Dish Pass (or Seek and Record for the Hopper folk) timers based on title:

"(team name) at" for away games
"at (team name)" for home games

Works well.

That works, though? I tried to do MLB and Giants but it didn't show anything.

That works, though?
What part of "works well" didn't you read? :D

Giants at
at Giants

Be sure to set the timers to 0 minutes start early, and 60 minutes end late, so that you can pick up the game from the part time HD RSN.

Has the part time HD RSN been discussed somewhere else? I never had a problem with my 722 starting 1 minute early and recording, but if I use the same setting on the Hopper I get nothing but a black screen when it switches from the check back screen. I assume that's what you were referring to?

Yeah, well, I was posting from a 722 perspective since I don't have a Hopper yet. However, my 722 experience has been that if I don't set it to 0 minutes early, I will just get the "check back" screen and it will never switch over unless I stop the recording, change channels, and then change back.

What part of "works well" didn't you read? :D

Giants at
at Giants

Be sure to set the timers to 0 minutes start early, and 60 minutes end late, so that you can pick up the game from the part time HD RSN.

Guess I was waiting for someone with a Hopper to reply. I tried "MLB Giants" but apparently it works on phrases, not keywords. Was able to set up my Hopper timers this way, will confirm later tonight that it works.

The ViP receivers work the same way, phrases or single words only. That's why I suggested "at Giants" (or use "Francisco Giants", if the city name is included in the title.)

I am having a problem with this also...I have it set to record Brewers games and only new events, well looks like the timers are skipping them because they say not new episodes...then I have also tried to watch a couple that I restored and they are not recording properly. All I see is a black screen when I try to fast forward. Not sure what is going on with that. Guess maybe the only way to watch is live. Grr

Setting no front end recording buffer on the actual part time HD RSN channel (5000 range), has worked for me, every time. Always records, never a black screen. No need to set the timer as "new" only, as everything on the part time RSN HD channel is new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)