TIP: channel surfing for the lazy

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
one thing i like about the voom box is it'll jump to the next higher channel if you punch in a non existing number. so you can go to 100 by punching in 99 (much easier, if you, like me, do it by feel w/o looking at the remote). 111 for monster instead of 121, 444 to go to the 500, and (appropriately) 666 for playboy if you have it. i used to be able to do 555 for dischd but they went and stuck those nbc channels there.

So, 333 should give me CNN? This is cool! I'll definitely do 99 instead of 100 from now on!

Yeah.. by punching in the third number you might pern a half a calorie. LOL (I should talk!)

This is news? I thought we all would have known this by now. I am all for extra laziness!

Question about the channel surfing. Is there a way to punch in the numbers for the locals (IE: 7-1 11-2?) I usually just have to hold the channel down button until I get to the local I want.

TIA,
Whiteice

Whiteice said:
Question about the channel surfing. Is there a way to punch in the numbers for the locals (IE: 7-1 11-2?) I usually just have to hold the channel down button until I get to the local I want.

TIA,
Whiteice

I don't think so. :no

11-2: 11 (pause) ChUP ;)

point is, it's much easier to punch in 666 one handed, not looking, and slightly drunk, than 701. got it? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)