Tip for any Hopper EA installs

gtal98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
United States
Ok, so I did a 1H 2J install on EA since I had no LOS for 129. After getting the dish up and running the line to the Hopper location I set it up to let it start downloading. After checking on it off and on for the next hour while running Joey lines it still hasn't even made it to the System Wizard yet (I did the factory reset). It will only go to the 015 error and is always looking for 119 even though I check and it does show that it's connected to an EA dish. So after trying everything I can think of I try another Hopper with the same results. I called Dish Advanced Support and they really didn't have any ideas either. This one tries TP 11 and 15 on 119, then when it can't find them it tries something else, but the Sat spot on the error message is blank. Suddenly I remembered talking with another tech who had issues with a 922 on an EA install that wouldn't lock in (checkswitch worked, but would never show lock on the point dish screen) when it was connected to port one on the LNB - he switched to port 2 and it worked. So I went outside and moved the cable from port 1 to port 3 (so the node is now connected to ports 2 & 3). By the time I made it back inside the system wizard was up. After that everything was fine.

gtal98 said:
Ok, so I did a 1H 2J install on EA since I had no LOS for 129. After getting the dish up and running the line to the Hopper location I set it up to let it start downloading. After checking on it off and on for the next hour while running Joey lines it still hasn't even made it to the System Wizard yet (I did the factory reset). It will only go to the 015 error and is always looking for 119 even though I check and it does show that it's connected to an EA dish. So after trying everything I can think of I try another Hopper with the same results. I called Dish Advanced Support and they really didn't have any ideas either. This one tries TP 11 and 15 on 119, then when it can't find them it tries something else, but the Sat spot on the error message is blank. Suddenly I remembered talking with another tech who had issues with a 922 on an EA install that wouldn't lock in (checkswitch worked, but would never show lock on the point dish screen) when it was connected to port one on the LNB - he switched to port 2 and it worked. So I went outside and moved the cable from port 1 to port 3 (so the node is now connected to ports 2 & 3). By the time I made it back inside the system wizard was up. After that everything was fine.

If the 015 screen comes up you are suppose use the buttons on the hopper to get into the menu and reset to factory defaults. The receiver then resets and then goes to the install wizard. I'm hoping this info is getting out to everyone because it is very important to a successful install.

Trust me, I did that multiple times on both receivers - it made no difference. After I changed ports on the LNBs - it worked right away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts