Tips for Getting a deal to upgrade for local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radionews

Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
I have learned a ton reading this site for the hour....(at work mind you!) Read a few posts on getting "deals" from Directv on HD upgrades, how about upgrades for getting local channels. The "test channel" I need doesn't appear so i think i need the bigger dish...what about receivers? (and the costs for those) I would also like to get a DVR. I see they want $50 for the DVR upgrade. I have been a customer for 6 years. I got a card in the mail yesterday from DISH Network....could change over to DISH and get system capable of locals and free DVR....thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I called Customer Retention today due to some advice I had seen on here about upgrading to HD. I needed a dish and receiver. I have only been a cusotmer for a year and a half and they gave me receiver, dish, free shipping and installation all for $149. He told me he couldn't give me the $99 deal, but I was pretty happy about cutting my cost by more than half. Thanks for all the great advice on this forum. I may need some more help when it gets installed. I definitely recommend calling and asking about upgrades. Locals in HD I don't think they will be able to help you out. I asked about that and was told there were some federal regulations now that prevent them from providing to you if you receive local channels in your area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)