Tips on dropping service?

Anyone that has said you cannot cancel through chat has not done it recently. I did it over a month ago and there was no attempt to force me to call in to cancel instead. I simply went to my account online and used the chat option to cancel. For those that doubt it I have the emailed transcripts of the conversation as well. The only thing they attempted to do in order to keep me on was to tell me I could take a lower priced package. Something I didn't intend to do anyway as I've found a less expensive alternative to being price hiked to death. For anyone interested I'll be glad to post the content if you want the proof.

Reading the forums here some would lead you to believe that you'll be dying to come back and pay the exhortation fees that Dish has to offer but we are getting along just fine and that is even with children in the home. My wife even found some other options to watch new release tv shows that we occasionally miss for free. Just to clear up the naysayers everything we have chosen to do is also completely and totally leagal and provided one way or another by the content providers.

At present we use a Roku box, Netflix, OTA HD, DVD, content provided via the station provider online, and now TV Guide Online DVR. The picture is better, content is everything we watch and more, and best of not 'fee'd to death' or paying jacked up rates from a provider telling people he's 'fighting for us.' Our cord has been cut and as a result is saving us a ton of money a year. I'm tired of pay tv providers greed and others are as well.

agreed, i am very happy having finally dumped E and have no desire to ever return.

Fact is a friend here had someone call me claiming to be with CEO office, the caller ID showed E.

The caller OFFERED a free years AEP with entire service FREE.

I turned them down flat. It was a good gag:)

The idea the world or TV ends when you cancel E cant be futher from the truth.......

I dont miss rainfade and receiver bugs at all:)

agreed, i am very happy having finally dumped E and have no desire to ever return.

Fact is a friend here had someone call me claiming to be with CEO office, the caller ID showed E.

The caller OFFERED a free years AEP with entire service FREE.

I turned them down flat. It was a good gag:)

The idea the world or TV ends when you cancel E cant be futher from the truth.......

I dont miss rainfade and receiver bugs at all:)
Haller, when you got rid of Dish Network, was your contract up? Ours is not and we have had a difficult time with Dish ever since we got it in April (2010). We just want out...too many reasons to go through them all! Is there a way to cancel when you are still under contract??

Thanks,
; )
gail

$$$

Haller, when you got rid of Dish Network, was your contract up? Ours is not and we have had a difficult time with Dish ever since we got it in April (2010). We just want out...too many reasons to go through them all! Is there a way to cancel when you are still under contract??

Thanks,
; )
gail

You have to pay the ETF.

Thanks,
; )
gail

if things arent working well try complaining to the BBB, dish tends to settle those complaints fast:)

I was a dish customer for over 13 years and really never had a contract, and bought all my receivers.:)

They store any and all credit card and any acct info you ever used to pay your bill this also includes any checking acct info. Log on to your dish acct and you'll see this. They store the last 4 digits of your acct# in the notes on their database.

Can't wait to drop them on Monday. I was in the whole TurboHD mess. Final straw was the cancellation of Disney(s), ESPN(s), and Palladia.

Got a SageTV DVR box for watching Netflix, free OTA, and more and loving it Jerry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)