Better Business Bureau calls out Dish, satellite TV

Lousy customer service starts with overseas call centers manned by non english as a first language entry level wage people.
The most important issue customers must realize is these call center people are the very bottom of the totem pole. Thay are problem solvers, whcih is why customer dial that nnumber in the first place.
It is highly frustrating to have service problems and then to compoud the problem, we must deal with a person halfway around the world who barely has the ability to read us a script in broken English.
If either or both Satcos showed some balls and brought their frontline call centers back to the US, complaints about poor customer service would drop precipitously.
JMHO...Oh, there's plenty of unemployed Americans who'd love to have a $10 per hour job answering phones.

The large majority of calls DISH answers are answered here in the USA. They have cut back their off shore call centers greatly.

ok..Didn't know that..Question.....Why then are there so many complaints on here about foreign call centers? If the majority of calls are routed domestically, that is...

I still get a foreigner just about every time I call DISH. I then have to hang up and call for the tech department. They almost always have an American answer those questions, especially about the 922. The dish chat is the only other way to get out of "talking" to a foreigner on the phone and even then there is no guarantee you aren't talking to one through the online chat.

Not much complaints about it here over the past year, before that there were a lot more.

I have talked personally to Charlie about it and he even said it was a mistake and they learned from it.

I have been critical of DISH about it in the past but I feel they have made GREAT strides. I have called DISH 4 times in the last 2 months and got some one here in the US and they knew what they were doing.

Not much complaints about it here over the past year, before that there were a lot more.

I have talked personally to Charlie about it and he even said it was a mistake and they learned from it.

I have been critical of DISH about it in the past but I feel they have made GREAT strides. I have called DISH 4 times in the last 2 months and got some one here in the US and they knew what they were doing.

A step in the right direction for Dish.

Those of you who think so may be correct regarding foreign based call centers, but I have to wonder why Dish constantly has a sign on their operations center property on Santa Fe Blvd in Littleton, CO stating it is hiring CSR's at $11 an hour plus "bonus". It's been there every time I drive by for at least the last few months.

Lousy customer service starts with overseas call centers manned by non english as a first language entry level wage people.
The most important issue customers must realize is these call center people are the very bottom of the totem pole. Thay are problem solvers, whcih is why customer dial that nnumber in the first place.
It is highly frustrating to have service problems and then to compoud the problem, we must deal with a person halfway around the world who barely has the ability to read us a script in broken English.
If either or both Satcos showed some balls and brought their frontline call centers back to the US, complaints about poor customer service would drop precipitously.
JMHO...Oh, there's plenty of unemployed Americans who'd love to have a $10 per hour job answering phones.
It's not just that they need to be in the usa they need to have better training and less scripts / call time quotes. I hear comcast has local us call centers but if you need a cable card they seem to have a hard time getting that info to the cable guy.

One thing that I have heard but not sure is that they filter customers and direct them locally or overseas. I have experienced this as well - I've been with Dish since 2000 and always end up getting a local rep when dish is able to detect my billing phone number (either automatically or when they ask me to manually enter it). They must have some kind of intelligent routing going on here.

I called Dish about an upgrade and got an American who spoke perfect English and was one of the most knowledgeable and helpful customer service reps I have ever dealt with.

It's not just that they need to be in the usa they need to have better training and less scripts / call time quotes. I hear comcast has local us call centers but if you need a cable card they seem to have a hard time getting that info to the cable guy.

comcast did my install with cablecard with ZERO problems. After all the warnings here I was stunned it went so well.:)

Those of you who think so may be correct regarding foreign based call centers, but I have to wonder why Dish constantly has a sign on their operations center property on Santa Fe Blvd in Littleton, CO stating it is hiring CSR's at $11 an hour plus "bonus". It's been there every time I drive by for at least the last few months.

The issue is that the CSR position is one that has a high turnover.

Imagine answering the phones 8 hours a day for $11 an hour just to have people yell at you. In addition the position is fustratng for many as they are trying to support a product that they don't use.

It amazes me how many DISH Network employees (including many I deal with on a daily basis) who don't have DISH Network service at their homes. There have been times in the past where I reported an issuee or asked a question of what happened and they had no clue what I was talking about since they did not have DISH Network themselves.

I would not want to be a DISH Network CSR.

:D On a similar note...I received a call the other day from a foreign call center about a credit card I had with "CD Bank" I politely informed the caller that I didn"t have a credit card with "CD Bank" It wasn't until I hung up that I realized that the caller from India or where ever was saying "Citi Bank":D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)