Tired of single dish signal..three dishes going up!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishguruhd

Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Panama City, FL
After Christmas I'll have three 500's all with single DPP lnb's and a DP 33 switch. A buddy of mine is running the same setup and he never looses signal, even through some of the hardest rain. Is anyone else running a similar setup? What's your experiences with this configuration?

Have 3

After Christmas I'll have three 500's all with single DPP lnb's and a DP 33 switch. A buddy of mine is running the same setup and he never looses signal, even through some of the hardest rain. Is anyone else running a similar setup? What's your experiences with this configuration?

I have 3 but they are not the little 500's I have used a single LNB adapter for a 500 and it works well. The 3 I have are an old primestar w/ LNB (equivalent to .7 meter round) on 72.7, .8 meter on 77 & .9 meter on 129 (put that up when it was the old dog of a sat). I have a .9 in storage due to fact I might move or not before too long. If I move it's already packed If I don't then I will put it back out. BTW you can get the single LNB adapter here: http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=65&products_id=146

I'm doing the 3 Dish 500 setup right now-110,119,129. My signals are solidly in the 80's for all three sats, but living in FL, I still do get rainfade, just not as often. Your mileage may vary.
I'm building a new house in the spring and I'll probably go back to the single Dish when I move. Yes, rain fade sucks, but it really doesn't happen that often to worry much about it.

I have three individual dishes looking at 110*, 119*, and 129*. Two of them are old Dish 1000s with a DP dual on the center lnb mount, and the third looking at 129* is a old Superdish that has the 129* repoint kit on it, and the lnb again mounted on the center lnb mount. All connected to a DPP 33 switch. My opinion it was a wast of time. A properly tuned 1000.2 pulls in just as good signal strength as my Dish farm.

IMG00104-20091221-1125.jpg

Hmm...I often wondered when using a 1000.2 dish how much of the dish you are actually using for each bird, since the dish has to be skewed in order to receive 3 individual satellites. I would think one would get better signal with 3 dedicated dishes for each bird. Still learning though.

Yep, I was going to do the 3 Dish thing it would not be with 3 Dish 500's, not really worth the time or effort for what is gained. 3 90cm's or larger would be great.

The Dish 300, Dish 500 and Dish 1000/1000.2/1000.4 are all designed to receive about the same signal levels for each lnb attached.

You gain virtually nothing using a D500 or D1000, ect. for one lnb because the dish is defocused in the horizonal plane to cover more than one lnb, they are parabolic vertically but not horizonally, so all you really get is more wind drag. The only advantage here would be being able to peak each individual dish itself.

The only way to increase signal on a single dish is to use a larger single focus dish like a CM 30 inch prime focus or such.

You do get a few extra points using a D500 with an I-Adapter for a single LNB. But the gain is really not worth the trouble of using that size dish. Go bigger with a single focused dish to see some better results.

And you well get better HD picture quality too!!!! :p:p

Just kidding. :D

I tried the separate dish route and ended up with a Dish 500+. It works better than three Dish 500s and I don't think I have lost signal yet.

Sounds like I need to pick up at least some 76cm dishes. Although I was getting the 500's for free from a satellite installer friend. I'll give those a shot and then upgrade to some larger dishes later when I move to a place where space allows for some larger ones. Thank you all for the responses, very helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)