Tired of waiting for SuperDish, took care of it myself

Well I sold off my 6000s, now just have a 6000 and planning to add a 921 and a 811 if they ever get released. I got 550-600 for my 6000s on ebay. It has been a bit of a pain to only have one reciever for 2 months. So, hopefully in a couple months I will have a 6000, a 811 and a 921.

p.s. I have a whole house distribution system, I feed the 6000 through to all the TVs via a MTS modulator. So, I can watch the OTA or the single cable channel on each TV... With UHF remote it does not work too bad.

If you come up with your own SuperDish solution it does not cost nearly as much as the SuperDish does so it is not that costly. I am just curious if the customer can still get the SuperDish upgrade promotion once the customer is able to have one installed if he done order the locals and/or HD package that is on the 105 satellite, or if Dish will say that he/she already has to have the SuperDish at 105 if he has those channels ordered. I bet Dish will not give them the promotion once those channels are ordered.

Stargazer said:
If you come up with your own SuperDish solution it does not cost nearly as much as the SuperDish does so it is not that costly. I am just curious if the customer can still get the SuperDish upgrade promotion once the customer is able to have one installed if he done order the locals and/or HD package that is on the 105 satellite, or if Dish will say that he/she already has to have the SuperDish at 105 if he has those channels ordered. I bet Dish will not give them the promotion once those channels are ordered.

As far as HD goes, All the HD thats on 105 is also on 110 and 148, so they wouldn't know you were looking at 105 for hd, unless they have to turn on the 105 hd channels in your box for you to receive them. (I'm not real sure how that works, anyone know?)

Most people will want the dish for locals at 105. I just read another post where someone had Dish come out to do the SuperDish upgrade and they wanted to charge extra because there was no DishPro lnbf at the 61.5 location in which they had a legacy lnbf on that dish, not to mention the switch going to that lnbf. Having your own SuperDish setup prevents these imcompatibility issues.

DVB322 Dual Ku LNBF ...is this the same LNBF for 121 to get the international channels? or does it use the regular legacy LNBF?

thankx for any input. :)

I am still thinking of getting a superdish anyways, I am considering it just to get the LNBs and the DishPro switch.

Maybe Scott has the answer to this... Will the SuperDish 105 FSS LNB work in a non SuperDish? I.E. is it a round 40mm(?) neck that you could mount in a normal FSS dish?

I do not believe the LNB will fit onto another dish (and also the focal point would be way off)

We are working on a Channel Master / dual output FSS LNB combo for those of you in areas where a standard SuperDISH will not work. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I do not believe the LNB will fit onto another dish (and also the focal point would be way off) We are working on a Channel Master / dual output FSS LNB combo for those of you in areas where a standard SuperDISH will not work. :)

Scott, will that be a DishPro compliant LNBF or legacy? I have a poor man's (legacy) 121 superdish set-up right now and plan to move my 97W dish over to 105W and hook up another SW21 to make a 105 superdish output (I've ordered a replacement for the 97W dish). The fact that you're talking about a dual output LNBF makes me think you're talking about supporting legacy hookups. I'm hopeful for a DishPro bandstacked LNBF release to coincide with release of the DP+44 switch.

--- WCS

It will be legacy.

I dont believe we looked into Dishpro bandstacked yet. But something to think about. :)

We are trying to make something for those who want SuperDISH and can't get one or those who dont want to upgrade everything to Dishpro. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It will be legacy.

I dont believe we looked into Dishpro bandstacked yet. But something to think about. :)

We are trying to make something for those who want SuperDISH and can't get one or those who dont want to upgrade everything to Dishpro. :)
All the same if you come up with anything that would be Dishpro compliant and work with the DP34 switch, let us all know. I myself really want to do a 2nd dish above Superdish but don't want to shell out the bucks to convert everything back to legacy stuff. Can't believe Dish says they won't sell a dedicated LNB for KU service for at least 6-9 months IF AT ALL??? Suppose one wants 105, 110, 119 & 121??? Can't possibly do that on a single dish so sooner or later, a 2nd dish answer has to come up.