titanium ASC1 dish positioner

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Working well now except for the Ku reception that might be caused by a blown DISEqC switch, too cold to go outside to change it. Could also be the pass-through issue noted in Brian's message in the main forum, too cold out to swap out switched to varify this.
Here's a picture of the ASC1 installed in my FTA setup:
IMG_2150(Small).JPG

-C.

How do you clear the software limits?
Just turned on the TV and switch satellites and the the ASC1 just clicks... Display says "software limit east", when I try to move to another satellite on the other side of where it was I get the other message "software limit west". Not sure what happened, I never set any software limits. It is stuck now on 121w. I hope I don't have to do a master reset... would lose all the preset locations...
Any ideas how this would occur?
-C.

edit:
Found the solution, in the ASC1 menu under reset/reset limits, ok twice, then quit.
Now to figure out how the limits got set... Maybe I pushed the wrong button on the remote and accidentally set both limits to the same position...? Was away most of the day unless I did that last night when I turned off the setup...
At least I learned something else new! :)

Last edited:
How do you clear the software limits?
Just turned on the TV and switch satellites and the the ASC1 just clicks... Display says "software limit east", when I try to move to another satellite on the other side of where it was I get the other message "software limit west". Not sure what happened, I never set any software limits. It is stuck now on 121w. I hope I don't have to do a master reset... would lose all the preset locations...
Any ideas how this would occur?
-C.

edit:
Found the solution, in the ASC1 menu under reset/reset limits, ok twice, then quit.
Now to figure out how the limits got set... Maybe I pushed the wrong button on the remote and accidentally set both limits to the same position...? Was away most of the day unless I did that last night when I turned off the setup...
At least I learned something else new! :)

There are certain FTA receivers that are notorious for setting limits all by themselves, perhaps you have one.

Maybe.
The ASC1 has only been connected so far to the AzBox Ultra. I did not think there was a way the receiver would set the internal software limits in the positioner, but maybe the diseqc commands facilitate this somehow. There are no software limits set in the AzBox either, I have them set on the actuator only as far as I am aware.

The Azbox Ultra is a box known for setting software limits when scanning. I would turn off my GBox when scanning so it would ignore the limit set command sent by the AZ.
Go to the "System Reset" menu in the ASCI and select the limit reset function.

It would be in this case but I don't know of any other instance I would use that feature right now.

Would it be helpful to include specific DiSEqC ignore function on the ASC1? Example: a menu setting that allows the user to select to ignore software limit commands from a STB.

That would be great Brian.

It would be in this case but I don't know of any other instance I would use that feature right now.
I thought of another instance: When setting up Satellite info in the microHD. When you assign a position number for DiSEqC 1.2 It sends a position store command. I wish it wouldn't do that, so having the ASC1 ignore the position store commands from the receiver would be nice also.

I have tried but have not been able to recreate the diseqc-limit-save issue. Tried scanning C and Ku sats, playing around with the AzBox diseqc settings, and re-booting the unit when the dish was moving etc.
Might have been a fluke, or I hit some buttons the night before when shutting down the units just before going to bed (I was likely half asleep already..).

Unless someone else is having this trouble it may be a non-issue.

-C.

I got it to update. It moves the dish now but is not controlling the servo polo rotor very well. I have to have the pointer on the horizontal setting before signal will pass to the receiver.

I am only getting horizontal signals here with the Chapparal corotor, and only time it switches to V is when an adjustment is made to the skew degrees, then it switches back to H a few seconds later. ASC1 seems not to recognize the voltage change means polarity change...
Put the LNBF back on, it works fine.

This is related to the 13/18Vdc signal blocking that is being addressed with the replacement ASC1 unit. Many of the ASC1 units do not have this issue, but we found that the manufacture's replacement component swap caused compatibility issues. Once the component changes are returned to the original approved specs on our bench units, the polarity and 22Khz issues are resolved. Frustrating and will be resolved soon! :D

Sweet. This will be an awesome unit. I got my usb port to finally update the firmware. The east west movement is great now.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've been playing with the satellite list that you can download for the ASCI. It's backwards from what I would have done so I made my own list. Since I have all the position counts from my VBox written down, I entered the information on the ASC1satellite.cvs file I was making. I wanted to test it so I grabbed the ASC1 waiting for replacement out of the box. I moved the dish to count 0000 with my VBOX and swapped it out with the ASCI. I did a master reset and uploaded my custom satellite list and I was done. All sats programmed in. OF course I'm not using the polarity controller so that info is zeroed. But wow that makes it easy. Used to take quite a bit of work to program in all the sats after resetting the controller. I worked with it a while and verified some of the known issues. I need the tone for KU in my setup and that wasn't happening. So I eventually pulled it back out. But when the new one arrives it will be about a 10 minute install and program :)

Brian,

Thanks for the clarification. Nice to know once the replacement arrives the 22khz function will allow Ku reception on the big dish!

Appreciate all your hard work!

Phil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)