titanium ASC1 dish positioner

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you have a splitter that passes power to one port, you can run the non-powered line to the ASC1 input and the powered output to the rest of your system. The splitter passes the usals, diseqc, and 22KHz signals. Just leave the output of the ASC1 with no connection (could connect a 75ohm load there I suppose...).

If you have a splitter that passes power to one port, you can run the non-powered line to the ASC1 input and the powered output to the rest of your system. The splitter passes the usals, diseqc, and 22KHz signals. Just leave the output of the ASC1 with no connection (could connect a 75ohm load there I suppose...).

Not sure how that would work. My LNB's need 18 volts. The polarator needs to know the polarity the receiver is requesting so it can move to the correct polarity for both LNB's. The ASC-1 solves a lot of problems including allowing me to scan both C & Ku LNB's with only one satellite position needed by the receiver. It is a well thought out device.

So I have a couple of things that bug me about the way this is setup. The ASC1 counts from West to East and you can't change that. I've never done it that way. It makes it confusing when you forget that. So to make the count integer increase from East to West I use the negative numbers. The east / west buttons on the remote are laid out opposite the front panel buttons and counter intuitive. Like driving a stick shift car with the shift pattern upside down. Yea it works but.....

The East/West list ascending /descending user setting will be released in a future update. Personally, I also like programming East to West. The East/West RCU button assignment will be matched to the front panel in the same firmware update.

The East/West list ascending /descending user setting will be released in a future update. Personally, I also like programming East to West. The East/West RCU button assignment will be matched to the front panel in the same firmware update.

Doesn't the count direction depend on whether the actuator pushes on the West or East side of the dish? My actuator is on the East side of the dish. I set my zero at true South, so it counts up in both directions with the positive numbers going East.

You will notice the displays says moving west or east when you engage the motor. This doesn't reverse when you swap the power wires and change the direction of the actuator. VBox and GBox controllers don't indicate direction of travel and therefore could not have this problem.

You will notice the displays says moving west or east when you engage the motor. This doesn't reverse when you swap the power wires and change the direction of the actuator. VBox and GBox controllers don't indicate direction of travel and therefore could not have this problem.

Fortunately, mine reads the correct direction. Just noticed that the + key goes toward the next East satellite, when it seems it should go to the next Western satellite (but that is probably because my actuator is mounted on the East side). Hope everything works out to be consistent, although the only hardware changeable cases are for actuator mounted on the East and actuator mounted on the West if you are in the Northern Hemisphere!

Doesn't the count direction depend on whether the actuator pushes on the West or East side of the dish? My actuator is on the East side of the dish. I set my zero at true South, so it counts up in both directions with the positive numbers going East.

We will provide the option for the user to reverse the count without needing to display negative numbers. This should make positive ascending lefty's and the righty's happy! ;)

I created an ASC1 list for one of my AJAKs with a 10 count per degree sensor. Notice how well the counts number coincide with location :)
ASC1.jpg

Titanium, any idea when the replacement units will ship?
As per Titanium in the Product release thread

Great News!

The new shipment of updated ASC1s has cleared customs and are in the Titanium Satellite warehouse. Will be shipping the replacement ASC1s to current owners and completing all open orders over the next few days. All units will be tested prior to shipment.

Current ASC1 owners may keep the original unit for their own personal use. The original ASC1 may be gifted to another party, but only with a disclaimer that the gifted ASC1 is without support or warranty. I only ask that these original ASC1 units not be sold, bartered or traded. If you do not wish to keep the original unit, I will email a return shipping label, but it is completely up to you! A note outlining the return process will be included with the replacement ASC1.

Please note that Titanium Satellite support for these original ASC1 units will end upon receipt of the replacement ASC1. Titanium Satellite will not provide parts, warranty, replacements or repairs for the original ASC1 units. The original ASC1 units are easy to identify as they do not have a serial number affixed. All warrantied ASC1 units have been issued a serial number that is recorded in our system, labeled on the bottom of the case and another on the outside of the giftbox. The Titanium Satellite ASC1 warranty, parts, replacements and repairs are only available for serialized units provided with an original proof of purchase. The new replacement ASC1 unit will be shipped with a new zero cost invoice, listing the serial number(s). The one year warranty is renewed and effective as of the new invoice date! :D

The original ASC1 units may be fixed by any technician following proper safety procedures, familiar and capable of performing surface mount component repair. Only a few capacitors and resistors need to reworked to provide full 22KHz / DiSEqC function and pass-through, but the rework is very precise and the PCB can be very easily damaged. Tomorrow, I will be posting the hardware modification and parts list in the forums.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding!

The original unit could be used as parts (except for the defective part) for us technicians for repairs after the warranty period is over.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Technically there is really no "defective" parts, just the wrong values were used.

That's about right for these chinese manufacturers

Truckracer, This is a highly competent manufacture that I have worked with for many years on many products. This has absolutely nothing to do with the manufacturers location or ethnicity.

A modification was made to the PCB and a clerical mistake resulted in not having the final hardware approved. Due to this mistake, both the engineers and I thought we had approved the final production design.

The manufacturer is making it right for our customers! I would suggest that this is commendable for any manufacturer, regardless of the build location!

I am a bit old school and of course believe we should make everything in America. Just a personal view. I don't have a lot of confidence in a comunist system. But I am glad they are making it right.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not trying to make a political statement here, but historically manufacturing migrates to the lowest cost production location under the capitalist system.

This goes all the way back to the Industrial Revolution and textiles.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)