Tivo or HR21xxx?

Tivo or HR2xxxx

• i will be the 1st in line for the new TIVO!

Votes: 56 56.6%
  • i rather stay with my HR2xxxx

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • i don't like either of them.

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
with the announced tivo for next year the question is, who will be lining up for one of these? or would some rather stay with their current HR2 DVR's?

I currently have a TiVO and an HR20. I much prefer the HR's over the TiVO's for many reasons.

1. Short cut keys make it easier to navigate the many folders, files, and settings. TiVO takes way too many steps to do the simplest things, including turning it off (here is an idea, put an off and/or on button on the damn thing).

2. The ability to flip between two recorded programs and a recorded program and live program by simply pressing the PREV button. TiVO requires about 3 steps to do something so simple.

3. The inability of most other remotes to work with the TiVO and the fact that one cannot simply buy a TiVO remote by walking into a store. I recently left my TiVO remote at our condo in mamoth and no other romotes work on the thing. I had to order a replacement for $15. Here is an idea, sell some remotes seperately. Direct sells HR remotes at most electronic stores.

There are several other reasons, but I just woke up and my brain is not fully operational yet. Also, I can break my #1 reason into several smaller issues if I wanted to, but I am currently too lazy. :p

maybe you need some of this
coffeedrink.gif

I will have to wait and see what will be offered before I vote (although I have had ZERO problems with what I have now). That said, I do think this is good news for us. It shows that D* is commited to improving what they have. How they do it remains to be seen. Will there really be two seperate lines? Will the HR series die off? Or will it be a blending of the two? Will be fun to watch.

the real positive on this is that you're getting experience on your side. something that we need. it could only improve the software.

So far, my prediction of me being the only one to pick the HR is holding true...:up

what if the new tivo has all the functions of the HR series plus much more? what if it's faster at responding to commands than what we have now? what if the gui is in HD? what if the ota is built in? would you consider it then DK? the point of this should be that it will be better than what we have now and for sure better than anything we had before right? what are your thoughts if you're getting everything i posted above and maybe more? if not then what's the point to creating this new dvr if it's not better right?

by the way isn't it tomorrow the verdict between tivo and E? interesting timing isn't it.

I currently have a TiVO and an HR20. I much prefer the HR's over the TiVO's for many reasons.

1. Short cut keys make it easier to navigate the many folders, files, and settings. TiVO takes way too many steps to do the simplest things, including turning it off (here is an idea, put an off and/or on button on the damn thing).

2. The ability to flip between two recorded programs and a recorded program and live program by simply pressing the PREV button. TiVO requires about 3 steps to do something so simple.

3. The inability of most other remotes to work with the TiVO and the fact that one cannot simply buy a TiVO remote by walking into a store. I recently left my TiVO remote at our condo in mamoth and no other romotes work on the thing. I had to order a replacement for $15. Here is an idea, sell some remotes seperately. Direct sells HR remotes at most electronic stores.

There are several other reasons, but I just woke up and my brain is not fully operational yet. Also, I can break my #1 reason into several smaller issues if I wanted to, but I am currently too lazy. :p

You are not alone. I prefer the DirecTV HR series myself.

As of right now I would rather stay with my HR21. But it depends on features and speed that might be added to either when the time comes.

I will have to wait and see what will be offered before I vote (although I have had ZERO problems with what I have now). That said, I do think this is good news for us. It shows that D* is commited to improving what they have. How they do it remains to be seen. Will there really be two seperate lines? Will the HR series die off? Or will it be a blending of the two? Will be fun to watch.

Ditto x 100

what if the new tivo has all the functions of the HR series plus much more?

What if it has less options than the HR2x series by then? If everybody remembers the old Directv Tivo's were very crippled with what they could do compaired to the Tivo's on the market.

What if it has less options than the HR2x series by then? If everybody remembers the old Directv Tivo's were very crippled with what they could do compaired to the Tivo's on the market.

if that's the case why would D do this? if that happens i won't bother with it. but i think it will have all the current features of the HR21 plus more. it wouldn't make sense to do this if there is no improvement.

Last edited:
if that's the case why would D do this? if that happens i won't bother with it. but i think it will have all the current features of the HR21 plus more. it wouldn't make sense.

It does make sense to have the same features as the HR2x series but it does not have to have the same features as the standalone Tivo's. Who knows what Directv would do to avoid a potential law suit. They could just be doing this to keep Tivo at arms length and avoid all the possible law suits.

My point is that everybody is getting so excited over just an announcement without knowing any details.

It does make sense to have the same features as the HR2x series but it does not have to have the same features as the standalone Tivo's. Who knows what Directv would do to avoid a potential law suit. They could just be doing this to keep Tivo at arms length and avoid all the possible law suits.

My point is that everybody is getting so excited over just an announcement without knowing any details.

Yeah, an announcement about something thats 8 mo's away.

Im very happy with the current SW build of the HR20. Unless the tivo offers me something big, or is the same cost, ill not be swapping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)