Tivo or HR21xxx?

Tivo or HR2xxxx

• i will be the 1st in line for the new TIVO!

Votes: 56 56.6%
  • i rather stay with my HR2xxxx

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • i don't like either of them.

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have never used a TiVO before but was a previous E* 622 user and now a happy D* HR21 member.

One thing I do miss with E*'s 622 (not sure if this 622 specific), the guide showed episode numbers for listings making it easier to see how many episodes were aired. An example would be a mini-series like Generation Kill, the guide would show each episode number making it easier to see if you were able to record all of them. Just a nice extra feature I enjoyed with E*.

I currently have a TiVO and an HR20. I much prefer the HR's over the TiVO's for many reasons.

1. Short cut keys make it easier to navigate the many folders, files, and settings. TiVO takes way too many steps to do the simplest things, including turning it off (here is an idea, put an off and/or on button on the damn thing).

2. The ability to flip between two recorded programs and a recorded program and live program by simply pressing the PREV button. TiVO requires about 3 steps to do something so simple.

3. The inability of most other remotes to work with the TiVO and the fact that one cannot simply buy a TiVO remote by walking into a store. I recently left my TiVO remote at our condo in mamoth and no other romotes work on the thing. I had to order a replacement for $15. Here is an idea, sell some remotes seperately. Direct sells HR remotes at most electronic stores.

There are several other reasons, but I just woke up and my brain is not fully operational yet. Also, I can break my #1 reason into several smaller issues if I wanted to, but I am currently too lazy. :p

DK my RC64RB works great with my HR10-250.The code is 01442 or 01142(courtesy of Edmund the Remote Master!).:)

I do have to power up with the DirecTV power button on the box.;)

Don't know which DirecTIvo you have/had on the HR10-250 the DirecTV button is power up/the Standby button is power down.:confused:

DK my RC64RB works great with my HR10-250.The code is 01442 or 01142(courtesy of Edmund the Remote Master!).:)

I do have to power up with the DirecTV power button on the box.;)

Don't know which DirecTIvo you have/had on the HR10-250 the DirecTV button is power up/the Standby button is power down.:confused:

Since I made a mistake I am now correcting it.The mistake I made because I am new to the HR10-250 was my statement saying that the RC64RB would not power up the HR10-250.The correct answer is yes the RC64RB will power up the HR10-250
when you press the Menu button on the RC64RB.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)