Tivo or HR21xxx?

Tivo or HR2xxxx

• i will be the 1st in line for the new TIVO!

Votes: 56 56.6%
  • i rather stay with my HR2xxxx

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • i don't like either of them.

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
so go ahead and vote for the tivo. the option says that you'll be the 1st in line for a tivo. that could apply to anyone even from E.

Sigh...

But that would skew the voting since I'm really not in the target demographic here...you said right out this was a D*/Tivo topic, who cares about E*...which is why I suggested it belong in the D* forum...

Thats all...

I'm not criticising here...just stating my thoughts...honestly, you could go ahead and start an identical poll in the D* forums and you would probably get some interesting comparitive results...

Could a Mod please move this to the Directv forum? thanks :)

i wonder for those so far that have voted for the tivo if they have a wish list for the new dvr? what do you like on the current D dvr's that you would like on the new tivo and what more besides what we have now?

The only DVRs I've ever used is the R15 and HR20. So I haven't voted one way or the other since I don't can't offer a true opinion of how good or bad the Tivo boxes are. For the record, I've been pleased with the DVRs I have now.

The only DVRs I've ever used is the R15 and HR20. So I haven't voted one way or the other since I don't can't offer a true opinion of how good or bad the Tivo boxes are. For the record, I've been pleased with the DVRs I have now.

is there a function you would like added to the dvr's you have now?

Dual Live Buffers, Speed, No Stumbling.
Don't take this the wrong way guys ,

But My impression of the HRs, was this. Every command you seem to give an HR , It seems like it makes you wait untill its done reading its internal instruction manual on how to perform the task you just asked it to make. and Sometimes it still doesn't Know right away. Anyone who ever uses a R16 DVR would know exactly what I mean if then ever went into the menu or guide. Hr-20 was a little better , but not much.
If you ever used a Tivo you would catch my drift.
Thats how I feel about D* receivers.
A company Known for making DVR's is partners with your favorite Satellite company and some of you are objecting? Whats going on? Someone again please tell me how this is bad? Cost ? We don't know the cost.

Last edited:
i would like:
dlb,speed,stability,HD Gui,ota built in with scanning ability
the ability to record 4 things at once,MRV,customizable guide

those are my wishes:)

Dual Live Buffers, Speed, No Stumbling.
Do take this the wrong way guys ,

But My impression of the HRs, was this. Every command you seem to give an HR , It seems like it makes you wait untill its done reading its internal instruction manual on how to perform the task you just asked it to make. and Sometimes it still doesn't Know right away. Anyone who ever uses a R16 DVR would know exactly what I mean if then ever went into the menu or guide. Hr-20 was a little better , but not much.
If you ever used a Tivo you would catch my drift.
Thats how I feel about D* receivers.
A company Known for making DVR's is partners with your favorite Satellite company and some or you are objecting? Whats going on? Someone again please tell me how this is bad? Cost ? We don't know the cost.

It's not bad at all choice is a good thing!.:D

I don't have the overall speed problem that Hemi has. The only time I have an issue with speed is when changing HD channels. I have native turned off but it can still take 1-2 seconds to change channels. The speed when changing from one SD to another SD is no problem. The other things seem to work plenty fast for me. The HR20 is slighty slower than my H20, but not that much and certainly not enough for me to complain, except for the HD channel change.

While my HR20 has an OTA tuner, I would like to see it be built in. And speaking of the tuner in the HR20, I wish it was as good as the one in my H20-600. The tuner in the H20-100 wasn't as good as the H20-600.

MRV and DLB would be nice but nothing I'm clamoring for. I don't think I would pay a price premium in either hardware cost or fees to get it.

My HR20-100 is slower than the HR10 that I had. I don't know if it is because of the 1 TB drive I have hooked up or all the stuff I have recorded to it.

I don't have the overall speed problem that Hemi has. The only time I have an issue with speed is when changing HD channels. .
Thankfully, I havent either. I do know what you are talking about when changing the HD channels (although I would say on both of mine, its a second at MOST), it simply isnt a huge issue for me

Thankfully, I havent either. I do know what you are talking about when changing the HD channels (although I would say on both of mine, its a second at MOST), it simply isnt a huge issue for me

well for me there are days that it works pretty fast and then there are those other days that it's painfully sluggish. this new tivo needs to have some real processing power. that can even handle recording 4 things at the same time. i've also noticed that my hr21 will slow down while recording. this behavior isn't normal. my vip622 even while recording 3 things at a time never slows down. and if D can't get the 1080p issue resolved at 1080p/60 then this is another thing i want added to my wishlist for tivo. complete compatability.

I'm quite happy with my HR20. Aside from a bad B-Band converter, I haven't had any trouble with it. I've loaded many of the CE's, so I've exposed myself to some level of "risk" and still no complaints. I've had it since Dec 2006. Guide speed has improved dramatically since then. Plus the future is promising, I'm looking forward to "widgets" when they're released.

Re: the Tivo and processing power.... remember, D* is making a box that runs some subset of TiVO's software. Whatever hardware is in the box will be chosen by D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)